Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got hit today only have one hand it sucks. car cut me and this guy i just met off i was going to stop in time but he on his new cbr 900 rr ran into the back of my bike boom i'm sliding on the ground. i was wearing my helmet gloves jacket and jeans so i ended up pretty well off. my bike has sliders which again saved big money. the guy who hit just traded a harley in for it. it was his first rocket and i don think he quite understood how to brake in an emergency. he must have been close and he locked up his rear brake leaving a long skid mark. idont think he used much front brake because i was going to have plenty of room to spare. well the bike isn't damage to badly. rear brake lever broke some scraping on the top and side fairings. scraped front brake lever the small scarpe on the pipe is no the whole piece before the flang and need a new swing arm broke a weld and took some metal of the end.but the bike still looks good suprisingly and his insurance is going to cover it. so i'm going all after market except for the fairings and swing arm. this sucks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Damn man, sorry to hear it. But think of it, being off of the bike for a awhile will hype you up so bad while waitin that when u get back onto it you'll be flippin!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
man that sucks..i feel for ya brother..so did you give that guy hell for rear ending you? i think he deserves it...well just glad to see your ok..well..ur.. except for the hand thing....get that baby fixed up soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
sorry to hear about your hand. Too bad you couldn't hook up with a SBK swingarm like Mladin uses! I suppose that the insurance company would be suspicious of $3k or whatever they go for on such an item. But at least the guy is getting it all covered. I suppose his insurance went up now too! hehe

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
might be that he was used-to the back brake to stop as many choppers (IME) dont have a brake on the front.....making them stop as poorly as they go!!!

glad you're alright....get well soon

scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys didn't give him hell and will ride with him in the future but i'll keep him in front
and the doctor who fixed me up has a cbr954rr so that's another riding partner. sheezz what the hell do you have to do to get new riding partners.

but i did want to
him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts