Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man I just got done reading about that poor bastard. Looks like he may never fight again! Sucks - he wasn't my fav fighter by a long shot but he was an exciting edition to the heavyweight division. I have a feeling either his liver has shut down as a result of abusing steroids or maybe he has contracted the hiv. He does fit the profile of a closet pickle smoocher. These are just my speculations not facts mind you. Anyone heard anything else about it?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I am hearing about it on the Jason Ellis show, and people are throwing all sorts of suspcions. Lyme disease, cancer, menengitis, all sorts of shit

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
According to Dana he has mono plus something else that he can't say but he will say it is not cancer or HIV. Hopefully he recovers and gets back his health.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
regardless of how i feel about him as a fighter, you never wish that upon someone. So get well Brock.

In regards to the vacant title it should be Carwin vs. Velasquez. Especially since it looks like Nogueira has a staph infection and can't fight now anyways.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carwin vs. Velasquez
I completely agree.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Damn. All feelings towards him as a fighter aside, that just sucks. Hopefully he pulls through. I don't wish that on anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
This was posted on the LA Times website
Brock Lesnar, the heavyweight champion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, underwent surgery Monday for a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract, and UFC President Dana White told The Times that doctors are "waiting to see if he needs more."
White declined to reveal why the surgery was required, describing it as a "minor" procedure, but a high-placed source close to the fighter confirmed the intestinal surgery.
Lesnar, who memorably won at UFC 100 in July via a second-round TKO of Frank Mir, originally pulled out of his scheduled Saturday night fight against Shane Carwin complaining of sickness. He then told White he'd be unable to fight in a rescheduled Jan. 2 card because he had contracted mononucleosis. White told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday that Lesnar was very sick and would be out for an extended period.
White told The Times on Tuesday that he will schedule an interim heavyweight title fight during Lesnar's absence and that he's "working on

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
perferated colon :dunno.... causing Ecoli, or Meningitis............. closet :homo

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Nothing in the usual news slots. Where did you read this? Sad if it's true.

--Wag--

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
brock is alive and not dead. he is at home recovering from what i have read

j

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
this is at least the second if not third time fuckers have rumoured him to be dead :wacko.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
its a bad sign for him that he actually had to have the surgery, cus ppl suffering from their first episode dont usually need surgery unless its pretty bad; ppl suffering from repeat episodes may not benefit from surgery..:sad

I dont think he should be champ, but hopefully his career isnt done.

I dont understand how he would let it progress so far. The only thing professional athletes have to do is train and stay healthy and they have ppl they pay to monitor both, so wtf happened

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
UFC president Dana White says the status of Brock Lesnar is unkown until he gets re-evaluated. “We’ll know in a month to a month and a half whether he’s going to need that major surgery,” White said at the “UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez” post fight press conference.
White went on to say that if Lesnar needed to have major surgery that, “there’ll be an interim title.”
With today’s report from MMAJunkie that Frank Mir will be taking on Shane Carwin at UFC 111 for an interim title, one can assume that Lesnar will at the very least be out of action for at least the next 6 months and even longer if major surgery is needed.
Lesnar’s health has been in question since his title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 was scratched due to his intestinal illness.
Mir earned his rumored slot for the interim title following his destruction of Cheick Kongo in UFC 107’s co-main event last Saturday night.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts