Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Bridgestone sponsorship through my local Suzuki Dealer and have a couple of questions.

According to the sheet I have it does not show rain tires. Do they make a rain tire for the club level riders?

Also do they make any of there slicks in the 120/180 sizes. All I see are 125/190. If so how does the 190 fit on the 5.5 rim?

I will try the Bridgeston this year and see how I like them. (I hated all the other Street stones I had BT-56 012 and 014) I am going to be using Dunlops a bit to see before my first race to see how they feel as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bridgestones are great if you enjoy a constant slide. They slide slow, they slide fast, I think they even slide sitting still.

May god bless your soul. It cost to much to repair my bike to run those on the track. I wont even run them on my SuperMotard. Make sure that dealership will be doing the repairs for you for free. You will have more low-sides this season than anybody on the track

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As said before, I will be just trying these this years, If I don't like them I won't run them. And I don't care if I void my sponsorhip to go back to Dunlop or Pies, But I don't want to have to send in my Chicken hawks to get the Pie thermostat put in.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I know a couple of guys that are using them this year and have really good things to say about them so far... Contact WVracer97 on the CCS Board...He was running .21's @ summit last wk on the DOT's...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Bridgestones are great if you enjoy a constant slide. They slide slow, they slide fast, I think they even slide sitting still.

May god bless your soul. It cost to much to repair my bike to run those on the track. I wont even run them on my SuperMotard. Make sure that dealership will be doing the repairs for you for free. You will have more low-sides this season than anybody on the track
Ya know, guys like this are those guys who ran the things one time or so and have probably had maybe one other type of tire on their bikes and all they can say is that they are shit. I am tired of guys who blab off and don't do any type of controlled testing. They read stuff and use that info to make their opinions...

Yes, the Bridestones may be a bit lower on the scale when compared to say, Pirelli and Dunlop, but what type of bike are you running? What type of conditions are you racing in? What type of tire do you need? Slicks or DOT's?

Trust me, it is a well known fact that Bridgestone FULL rains are the shit. They are one of the best rain tires made. Of course, it is hard for lifers who run tire brand X to say that, but it is true.

Look, go test a set of DOT Pirellis, Dunlops, Michelins, Bridgestones, Maxxis, etc. and do them all by setting the suspension to accomodate each tire and test all on the same day under the same conditions and THEN make your comments. Otherwise, spare us and just answer the question the guy asked without the bubble gum BS...

By the way, if you are low sliding, make sure you know that it isn't you and not the tires....

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i have heard nothing but really great things about the rain tires
i know some guys that ride brand x on dots but will buy stones for rains

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i was in there program 2 years ago. I ran stones on my vintage 92 gix they were awsome. i put them on a 01 750, and they spun up to much. it was very controled but i lost alot of exit speed. i may have been able to better tune the bike for the tires but i ended up loosing the front a savanna and i droped out of the program.

it may have been me not the tire, i do know i was having to late brake and override the front into turn one to close the gap i lost on the drive out to the straight.

i hear the newer gen stones are alot better.

try them if you dont like them move on bro.

the price of tires when i was in the program was awsome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts