Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my bike a new set of BT010s last weekend. Any comments on this particular tyre. Do they take long to warm up. I had a bad experience with Michelin Pilot Race last winter so I am very careful about tyres now.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i'm reliably(ish) informed that the're the best sports/mileage combo out there, followed very closely by the metzeler M1 sportecs.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
the 010 are more designed for street use, compared to the pilot race which is designed for track use and riding in good weather, it needs a decent amount of heat for them to stick like glue (which they do), you should find the 010 better for street riding over the pilot race

·
Registered
701 Posts
It's no secret that I LOVE my BT-010. It takes a good amount of heat for them to stick, but on street riding, it's held up over twice as many miles as my old D207. I've heard reports that the BT is dual compound. I dunno about that, but I know that it sticks unless I'm trying to power slide. And I'm hard on the centers of the treads (lots of wheelies). This has held up great.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I also love my 010's, I find they warm up very quickly and give loads of confidence.

I had D204's previously and I find I can lean the bike further on the 010's and still have more tyre available than with the old tyres.

I'm no racer, but they stand up to pretty hard road use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm running on a pair of pilot race (soft) and my friend is running on BT010. His BT010 heat up quicker than my pilot race when we go out for a sunday ride. So, he can always go faster than me at the start. I am thinking BT010 should be my next pair of tyres

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
010 's Inspire lots of confidence on the road, GREAT TYRE !!

sometimes too much

[ 07-06-2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: gsxrster ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've gone through 3 rears this year. One of them was killed after a month with a four inch screw in the bastard
. They are fantastic tyres and grip really well even in the wet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, i've had them for a couple months, n they grip a whole lot better than the stock dunlops that i had. they warm up quick too. i feel a lot more comfortable leaning further on these tires than the dunlops i've had. i think these r great tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts