Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I installed the Brembo RCS19 master cylinder and lever today to my K2, very pricey mod. I have to say though that my braking has gone from borderline unacceptable even with EBC pads and stainless lines. The master cylinder has now given me the ability to do 1 finger stoppies. The brakes are now fantastic, great feel and have probably halved my stopping distances. Thoroughly recommended, especially when paired with the matching clutch lever.

The only downside is that on lock to lock turns the lever do touch the front fairing bracket minutely. I'm going to solve this with some foam to protect the finish on both parts, there is no more adjustment unfortunately to avoid it or the reservoir the strikes the screen, or the bar hits the fairing. Fantastic mod!

·
Registered
483 Posts
The OEM Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2 Front Caliper to M/C Ratio is...... ( 32.6:1 ).

Your change from going from the OEM 15.8mm M/C to a 19mm M/C has changed the Ratio to now...... ( 22.6:1 ).

Enjoy...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J

That's a really good idea Craig! Maybe some of those stick on furniture protectors.

Definitely the best mod I can think of installing, I wasn't overly enthused at the thought of going to a track with the original system in place, but their performance now is perfect for some track usage! Definitely something I would recommend as the first change to the stock brake system now and go from there!

If anyone is interested the par numbers are: RCS19PKB for the mastercylinder kit and 110A26303 for the clutch lever kit to match.

In all took me 2 hours, about half of which was trying to find a position that the screen, fairing and front fairing bracket didn't make contact. In the end there is no way to avoid contact with the brake lever, so I will change the steering lock with some stick on pad as suggested by Craig.

·
Registered
642 Posts
All you really need is a piece of hose and a plug on the end in place of the reservoir also, instead of that reservoir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts