Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recall on the k9 brake master cylinder I am going to use this as an excuse to upgrade rather than deal with the local dealer since they want me to leave my bike for the recall and have them fix instead of just giving me the updated part. I would like to do the brembo 19x18 rcs master and at the same time going to do speigler lines, upgraded pads and brembo rotors. Is there any small parts or hardware I need to purchase for this upgrade or is it pretty straightforward? Going to be ordering through motomummy as always.

·
Registered
128 Posts
With the recall on the k9 brake master cylinder I am going to use this as an excuse to upgrade rather than deal with the local dealer since they want me to leave my bike for the recall and have them fix instead of just giving me the updated part. I would like to do the brembo 19x18 rcs master and at the same time going to do speigler lines, upgraded pads and brembo rotors. Is there any small parts or hardware I need to purchase for this upgrade or is it pretty straightforward? Going to be ordering through motomummy as always.
Brembo RCS comes with double banjo bolts and brake light switch, which is needed for your SS braided lines. You might have to tweak a bit to plug the brake light switch. You can use the existing reservoir and the hose, no need to get Brembo reservoir and hose. Rest all is straight forward.

A worthy upgrade IMO.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit looks like it comes with the fancy evotech reservoir and bracket.

What do you mean plug the brake switch? The factory switch?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
When I bought mine, the mechanical brake light switch, reservoir, and reservoir bracket were all options. Sounds like you may have a better deal.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Agreed........when I bought mine you had to buy the reservoir and gubbins separately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The RCS is bloody good. The Suzuki one is ok, but I found I always got brake fade with higher temps (my local track is very short and start/stop).
I changed to it at the same time as M4's and stroking the lever with one finger gives more power than I have confidence in front tyre grip!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
I don't think the stock reservoir line will fit in the Brembo. The Brembo uses 6mm hose the suzuki is 8mm.

It can be made to work. Just have to jam the right tube on there. I just used the smaller option hose and you can pretty easily get it squeezed over the end of the reservoir lubricated with a little brake fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome info guys. Everything I needed to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts