Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 · (Edited)
quick review on those rotors
They're noisy at low speeds or when pushing it by hand. Kind of a low grinding type of noise. But I could care less. There's no fade, something that I noticed with the OEM brakes. I can one finger brake now, something I couldn't do before. The initial bite is NOW, so much so that there is some concern that it may get me into trouble if I come upon gravel or a wet patch on the road where I need to brake quickly. I'm using Ferodo XRAC pads and the CP211 is supposed to have less initial bite and greater modulation, so I'm thinking about switching. But the biggest suprise was the improvement in handling. I run around town on a 240 lb Yamaha XT225 and the Suzuki's initial turn-in is now nearly as light as the Yamaha. You feel the greater weight once you're turning but early on they're similar.

P.S. I could feel the difference on the first ride after going about a half block up the street.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I'm approaching 1000 miles on them. With pads and CA tax they were somewhere around $2200. I think that they're currently out of production and unavailable.

I'm not sure of this but I think that they're not allowed in AMA Pro racing. I can understand why.

With regard to the calipers.

I would be looking carefully at any that don't have a bridge between the two sides. Particularly the longer 6 piston units. I don't have any modelling software but my grey matter computer keeps saying the word flex, flex, flex.

With regard to the calipers.

I would be looking carefully at any that don't have a bridge between the two sides. Particularly the longer 6 piston units. I don't have any modelling software but my grey matter computer keeps saying the word flex, flex, flex.
There are callipers and callipers. The HPK versions may have that bridge but they aren't as good as the top spec. race versions.

The most expensive model does have a bridge but the one down from it doesn't. Both are more than good enough for racing, the key being the increased stiffness in the material versus a lighter weight as the price increases.

Spend anything over $2000 per calliper and your brain will explode at just how good they are, particularly when matched with Brembo Z04 pads and Brembo discs.

If you can afford those it is probably worth investing in some of these:

The guys in supestock are running stock calipers that are in the case of suzuki a piece of shit.... I have R1 calipers that are better, I imagine a full race WSB caliper.

but I dont think unless you are a full race pilot that you need them....

hope suzuki brembos are a good upgrade.

The guys in supestock are running stock calipers that are in the case of suzuki a piece of shit.... I have R1 calipers that are better, I imagine a full race WSB caliper.

but I dont think unless you are a full race pilot that you need them....

hope suzuki brembos are a good upgrade.
anything is better than what we have now!

anything is better than what we have now!
Actually the 2009 callipers are more than good enough to win in top level SuperStock racing. The earlier callipers are junk but if I was on a budget I would run the 2009 callipers on a SuperBike and they wouldn't be the weakest point on the bike.

There are callipers and callipers. The HPK versions may have that bridge but they aren't as good as the top spec. race versions.

The most expensive model does have a bridge but the one down from it doesn't. Both are more than good enough for racing, the key being the increased stiffness in the material versus a lighter weight as the price increases.

Spend anything over $2000 per calliper and your brain will explode at just how good they are, particularly when matched with Brembo Z04 pads and Brembo discs.
Man you are making my mouth water. Good info on the calipers BTW.

I have a poor mans upgrade, ZX12R Nissin calipers.

master cylinder is the weak link imho. i swapped mine with an R6, and it was a noticeable difference!
Those have small-ish pistons, 16mm IIRC. If you think that's good, try a 19x18 Brembo and prepare to be amazed.

Reactions: mlyon89
I have a R1 master also and its very very nice...
had the brembo 19x20 and its 2 much for my taste...

If you can afford those it is probably worth investing in some of these:

Sick

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.