Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I really want to pick up a 19x18 MC for my bike. The more I read and talk to people the more complicated installation seems to become.

You need:

MC
extra shims
pressure switch
possibly new line for the fluid resevoir if it isnt long enough

I also hear the pressure switch needs to be spliced in to the stock wiring, this true?

Also, you must be careful with the banjo bolt for the pressure switch and get the correct threads so you dont strip out the MC threads.

Is there a DIY on this or could someone walk through the step by step process of doing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
Okay I really want to pick up a 19x18 MC for my bike. The more I read and talk to people the more complicated installation seems to become.

You need:

MC
extra shims
pressure switch
possibly new line for the fluid reservoir if it isn't long enough

I also hear the pressure switch needs to be spliced in to the stock wiring, this true?

Also, you must be careful with the banjo bolt for the pressure switch and get the correct threads so you don't strip out the MC threads.

Is there a DIY on this or could someone walk through the step by step process of doing this?

Thanks

Everything you mentioned ^^^^ is pretty much the way it is minus a couple of things..
I got the setup with pressure switch too, but not really happy with that. The reason is that when you pull the brake lever to stop, by the time there is enough pressure involved for the brake light to come on, you're almost at a full stop. (not good). That makes me tap on my rear brake simutanously to avoid getting rear ended...
If I'm not mistaking, i think OPP racing has the electronic switch for Brembo MC that you can install and avoid the headache.
Also the OEM brake hose was larger then the Brembo MC nipple. Instead of changing the hose, I ended up wrapping it with some plumbing Teflon, and squeezed the metal clip smaller, and it worked for me.
Other then those minor things, the swap is pretty simple and easy to do.
Just make sure you get the electronic brake switch. If you can't get one, the pressure switch can be easily used withe the stock wiring without having to splice anything. It's a plug into the stock wiring.

Hope I could be of help. Good luck :cheers

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
It's not a big deal at all.
Get the Brembo MC with the Brembo brake light switch. this is the simplest setup, no headache. You'll need a Brembo brake fluid hose for the MC-Reservoir. Also probably you'll have to relocate the reservoir, since the nipple on the Brembo MC is pointing to the "wrong" way. You just need the right parts and tools and everything is very simple.
:cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you do about the brake light switch?

Did you use the brembo microswitch or the banjo pressure switch?

·
The Crazy Hungarian
2,549 Posts
The Brembo micro switch is much better than the pressure switch(more money too). I use that. Actually not anymore. No more street riding. Too dangerous.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting ready to install a RCS master cylinder, spiegler lines and vesrah pads. I've got all the parts for the install, now I just want to make sure I get the system bleed properly since new lines and MC are going on.

Should I start by flushing the system through the bleeder screw on the caliper?

Remove old lines and MC
Install new lines and MC
add new fluid to the system
bleed system as normal

Thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
53 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
The Microswitch is waaay better than the pressure switch. Although I can say the pressure switch I have on mine works quite well too. Usually I like to apply both rear/front brakes when street riding. So I don't worry about the extra needed pressure application of the front(to activate the light) Since my foot is stepping on the rear.Even If I only apply front brake, the initial pull won't set off the light but, by the time I get to the light I've applied just enough pressure, and the light is on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the brembo RCS comes with a micro switch built in. Basically want to make sure I go about getting the entire system bled correctly.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeah the brembo RCS comes with a micro switch built in. Basically want to make sure I go about getting the entire system bled correctly.

Thanks guys
Just take your time, look for bubbles, if your still not satified, try zip tying the brake lever in(overnite) then hopefully it should be good.

·
Registered
2018 GSXR 750
2 Posts
I am about to do the same install on my l8 750 and was wondering if i need to splice the wires with the micro switch? Do these ends plug in or cut them off u

1 - 12 of 12 Posts