Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Searching? What's that? Too complicated for me.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know where I can get white Brembo stickers. trying to paint my calipers but would be alot easier with the stickers. On a 2103 600.

·
Premium Member
73,372 Posts
Wrong section of the forum...

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,278 Posts
Make an effort to post in the correct forum. Did you just randomly smash your phone until you ended-up in 'the finer things'?

·
8,278 Posts
Google Brembo Caliper Decals, easy.
Gasp..... searching? You can't possibly expect a noob to go on google and type "Brembo caliper stickers"?!?!?! That's crazy talk! Why would anyone go through all THAT when you can sign-up here and just ask people to do everything for you?

That's pretty much EVERY new member these days. Useless self-entitled punks who can't even manage to post their crap in anywhere NEAR the correct forum.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gasp..... searching? You can't possibly expect a noob to go on google and type "Brembo caliper stickers"?!?!?! That's crazy talk! Why would anyone go through all THAT when you can sign-up here and just ask people to do everything for you?

That's pretty much EVERY new member these days. Useless self-entitled punks who can't even manage to post their crap in anywhere NEAR the correct forum.
First of all sir I’ve been riding since 98. I am definitely not a noob. Secondly I did google for the last week and can’t find my caliper specific decals. Everything on internet is generic and won’t fit my caliper.

·
8,278 Posts
First of all sir I’ve been riding since 98. I am definitely not a noob. Secondly I did google for the last week and can’t find my caliper specific decals. Everything on internet is generic and won’t fit my caliper.
Noob = new forum member. Did you read forum guidelines, as requested of all new members before posting? I'm guessing no.

I ask because I seem to recall your first post being three sentence fragments in the COMPLETELY wrong forum, going directly to "tell me what I need" with no pretense of politeness or gratitude. There are many contributing members in this community. We ask that new members at least make an effort to not come-across as useless, self-entitled punks with no decorum or even a hint of politeness.

10 years ago, such behavior was considered abhorrent and noobs didn't dare act that way. Now, it seems to be the norm for noobs so you'll forgive us old-timers (who are the ones who answer all noob questions) for being rather irritated by impolite douchebags.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,331 Posts
Because of the possible high temperatures and the closeness to brake fluid, I assumed that the lettering was painted. Am I to understand that Brembo uses decals?

·
8,278 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I used to produce decals on the highest-quality media but there's no way in hell they'd hold-up in a caliper application. Between heat and dust, they'd be toast in short order.

I actually had to google and yes, apparently, there is such a thing as 'caliper decals', although I suspect they're cheap garbage for suckers... but that is an unqualified opinion.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because of the possible high temperatures and the closeness to brake fluid, I assumed that the lettering was painted. Am I to understand that Brembo uses decals?
What is done is for example, I want red calipers with white lettering. You paint a base coat of white on entire caliper. Then put vinyl letters over the Brembo letters. Then lay down red base coat. Peel lettering off then clear coat. Stickers don’t stay on calipers

·
8,278 Posts
You don't need actual decals for that. In the artist world, there's a paint-on masking gel that dries for this very purpose. It's called 'frisket' and is either a sheet or a gel fluid.

After your red coat, you'd just use an exacto to lift-up a corner and peel away each letter. It would surprise me if there's not something specifically for this purpose, besides decals. Hell artist's Frisket would work, since it's only used during the painting process.

And in my googling, I did read that there are 'heat resistant' decals, which suggests they're intended to be left on the calipers. Obviously paint is the long term solution.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You don't need actual decals for that. In the artist world, there's a paint-on masking gel that dries for this very purpose. It's called 'frisket' and is either a sheet or a gel fluid.

After your red coat, you'd just use an exacto to lift-up a corner and peel away each letter. It would surprise me if there's not something specifically for this purpose, besides decals. Hell artist's Frisket would work, since it's only used during the painting process.

And in my googling, I did read that there are 'heat resistant' decals, which suggests they're intended to be left on the calipers. Obviously paint is the long term solution.
Thank you so much for actually answering my question without a smart remark. I honestly thought to highly of this forum. Besides yourself all I’ve gotten is remarks instead of solutions or guidance. Once again thnx and I’ll definitely look into the frisket thing

·
8,278 Posts
Thank you so much for actually answering my question without a smart remark. I honestly thought to highly of this forum. Besides yourself all I’ve gotten is remarks instead of solutions or guidance. Once again thnx and I’ll definitely look into the frisket thing
Put the shoe on the other foot. We all volunteer our time, experience and knowledge. Many out here are extremely knowledgeable. You'll notice we all also take the time & effort to respond clearly and in detail.

How old do you think it gets when 95% of new members post in the wrong forum and blurt-out 'help me' in broken English without even so much as a cursory 'hello'. It's just basic etiquette for anywhere, not just here.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
This would have been some useful information. I can only answer the question I see.
As with everything, problems are solved by a process of elimination. Starting with the simplest, and most obvious, thing. 😁
I have used these decals and they worked well.

The paint is nearly black but the stickers are still visible.
Could these work ? For 10 bucks it's worth a try.

(y)

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well
This would have been some useful information. I can only answer the question I see.
As with everything, problems are solved by a process of elimination. Starting with the simplest, and most obvious, thing. 😁
I have used these decals and they worked well.
View attachment 577871
The paint is nearly black but the stickers are still visible.
Could these work ? For 10 bucks it's worth a try.
View attachment 577872
(y)
that’s where I’m having my problem. The stickers have a different shape than my lettering. For example look at the letter “E” on my caliper.

·
8,278 Posts
That's really weird about the 'e'. I went to my go-to resource for logos brandsoftheworld.com (I used to produce all manner of stickers and graphics kits) and this is the default available Brembo logo.

My firsket solution only applies to raised lettering, which appears to be the case with yours... so it would work.

But I have a question: if that's what your calipers currently look like, why are you looking to repaint? I do recognize that there's a little poor workmanship and color bleeding on the raised lettering but I sure AF wouldn't be bent out of shape about that. At a glance, those already look pretty friggen' good to me.

I will not mock nitpickers but that's pretty nitpicky!

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's really weird about the 'e'. I went to my go-to resource for logos brandsoftheworld.com (I used to produce all manner of stickers and graphics kits) and this is the default available Brembo logo.

View attachment 577881

My firsket solution only applies to raised lettering, which appears to be the case with yours... so it would work.

But I have a question: if that's what your calipers currently look like, why are you looking to repaint? I do recognize that there's a little poor workmanship and color bleeding on the raised lettering but I sure AF wouldn't be bent out of shape about that. At a glance, those already look pretty friggen' good to me.

I will not mock nitpickers but that's pretty nitpicky!
I would definitely agree with you but I’m anal like that. Especially when you pay hard earned cash and expect professional results. If I had my friend do it that would be great work. But a pro charging me a couple hundred I can’t except

·
8,278 Posts
Well then, apply frisket after your white coat, then use a brand-new exacto blade to trim the frisket in perfect lines and curves or you'll end-up with the same bleeding after your red coat. Actually, that's pretty much what it looks like now. Imperfect masking.

I wouldn't base your strategy on my advice. While everything I've said is true, I'm talking out my ass when it comes to painting raised lettering. An ex of mine is an artist, which is why I know about frisket. That's all.

Good luck!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,331 Posts
Interesting about the logo differences. I have a Brembo rear caliper and it looks like this:

It has the detail of Le Skid's logo above.
But here's a $3000 aftermarket front caliper:

The printed logo on my RCS MC looks like Le Skid's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts