Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been using the bike as a commuter to work and back for about the last month now.... working the bugs out of it and such before I hand it over to my son next month. Anyway today I get up early and see what it's like without having any traffic to hender my ride to work.
Well about the time I get to the freeway I meet up with some guy on an R1 that wants to play...... I was like ok cool!
The freeway was clear of any real traffic so we open it up....... I got it up to about 145 and it Kinda surprised me that when I looked back he was about a 1/4 mile back.....
I guess his back pack was more like a parachute!!
Anyway I had it up at 145 or so for about 10 seconds before I feel my right leg getting completely soaked!!!
I was like wtf!!!!
So I slow it down and start looking for a water leak...... didn't notice one so I just kept on to work, it wasn't getting hot so I figured maybe it was ok.
well eventually the temp needle started to climb so I tried my best to make it all the way to work without having to pull over.
Finally got to work to find that the 1/4" water line running to the oil cooler had completely popped off the fitting running to the front of the cylinder head.
Also found that the springs holding my header on were gone now too......
Looks like it's safety wire time for the header!!

·
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan sounds like you need that Graves specialty water pipe so you can soak your left leg next time.

JK
Bobbychet
Exactly......
Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, I need to go scrounge up some tools so I can remove the gas tank to fill the radiator up with water again. Those Suzuki Engineers were brilliant in putting the filler under the gas tank!!
IDIOTS!!!! I think a ZX-7R radiator is in my near future.......
I've been putting that mod off for long enough.

·
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan does the ZX7 bolt right up?and how well does it fit under the fairings?
#1tuner should know
Bobbychet
Physically it's about the same size (maybe a little more capacity), I'm sure brackets will have to be made though.

·
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also note that the ZX-7R radiator changed somewhere along in it's lifetime....... atleast the 2000+ radiators do not have the fill location on them like the 96 or earlier models do as pictured above.

·
26,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sad thing is I just let an auction end a couple days ago without me bidding on it....it even had a Muzzy fan on it too!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Brackets wiil have to be made to make it fit. I was running 96-99 750 bodywork on mine & had no fitment problems at all..don't know about stock body. I wouldn't think it to be a problem though because it isn't that much larger. If you need one I have a CHERRY one, no fan though. I am leaving town tonight for family gatering & will look for the Graves water pipe to properly soak your leg with next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts