Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I broke it in hard putting just under 100 miles on the first day. I changed the oil that night, then at 1K miles, again at 3K, every 3K up to 15K, switched to synth and every 5K since then up to my most recent 55K mile oil change.

I kept the RPMs varying but I also ran it up the RPM range several times to get a good ring seat.

Or, as I like to put it, I had the front wheel off the ground before I had a mile on the odometer and I read 140 mph on the speedo before I had 10 miles on the odometer.

I didn't need a valve adjustment 40K miles ago. I'm about to check again soon when my Throttle Body Sync tool shows up in the mail and I do that.

Reactions: fugitiveorphan

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
EXACTLY LIKE BLAISE SAID. He deserves a cookie. Good boy, Blaise.

Don't forget to CHANGE THE OIL like he said if you put over 30 miles the first day. Your first ride will produce the most metal deposits in your cases.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
like blaise said. not super hard but hard enough. change the oil right away and don't let the engine lug at all. make sure you shift nice and firmly (but do not stomp) while all the gears are getting to know each other.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hard break in!:cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.