Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Brand new 2-week old K5 stolen

1K views 53 replies 43 participants last post by  drklr 
#1 ·
When I got home from work today I saw an empty space that seemed to be a mile wide. That space was where my K5 1000 used to be. Some AssHoles Stole my bike. I say assholes because I had a brake disc lock on it, they would have had to have lifted the bike and put it in a truck.

My bike wasn’t garaged (Big mistake) but I read up on security and purchased an immobilizer along with an "Ongaurd" Lock (another big mistake). The immobilizer was screwed into a concrete slab. I always parked the bike directly over the immobilizer. I wrapped the chain around the immobilizer. When locked there was virtually no slack in the chain and it wasn’t hanging on the ground. I guess all that did was slow them down because they were still able to reach under the bike and cut the chain off.

I’m super pissed. Never buy an "Ongaurd" Lock. They are crap. I should have purchased the $170 chain as I originally set out do. I guess that’s what happens when try to save a buck. I’m not sure if a $170 chain would have stopped them. Would it have? I hear about guys in vans that have torches and everything else needed to steal a bike.

I did everything to my knowledge to prevent this crap from happening. But it still did. I think I’m going to keep my next bike in storage and move out of the slum of a neighborhood that I live in now. This is the second bike that I've had stolen within a year. Last August my 04 750 was stolen. Who did I piss off? Will I ever be able to get insurance again without paying out my ass?

See less See more
#2 ·
I know what you feel!!!!
They also stole my K5 last sunday!!!!
It was in front of a store where i was in and lots of people were walking around.Just a 40 meters from me away!!
It makes me sick.Glad i'm injured against theft!
I hope you have insurance too!

#4 ·
Filthy scumbags. Hopefully they will all get gonhorrea of the eye nose and throat, herpes in their ass and warts all over their dicks and then trip and fall into a woodchipper.

Hate fucking thieves.

#7 ·
i feel your pain. my '02 750 was stolen from my house, and that is why i keep my bike in a very secure storage facility.

#9 ·
I here ya,they ripped my 02 and had to wait a month to see if they find it.I have a armored plated cable and a scorpio but that wont stop it on my 05 if they really want it,but talon has the gps to show up to 20 feet of the location that could help it has internet access.

#10 ·
WOW!! I cant believe they cut through that chain, and what did they use. Sucks they took the bike, but wow thats nutz. I would call the chain maker see if theyll give you a refund.

Says that they'll pay up to $3000. But I didn't read the fine print

http://www.onguardlock.com/warranty.pdf

#13 ·
That sucks to see your new bike disappear !!
It's always easy to look at things after they happen, and say what could have been done differently. That looks like one massive lock. I think I'd have to resort to one of these systems for about $300 http://www.talonalarms.com/ (somebody posted this the other day). It's a GPS system, and you get the satisfaction of tracking your bike down and dealing with the theives yourself

In your situation, it might help reduce your insurance costs- and it sure would be a lot cheaper than moving

#14 ·
My suggestion is this.... leave that neighbourhood. Two bikes in one year makes you pretty much an easy meatloaf. You are a thiefs dream date.
secondly, i never bought a bike when i lived in an apartment high up in the sky. Drove me crazies to hear stories about bikes beign stolen when parked underground.
Look forward to a steep increase in insurance payments. Sorry about your loss though.

#24 ·
dont matter where your bike is and what kinda locks you got on it....if they want the bike that bad, the reality is that they are gonna get it

true.. its when they get the balls to break into your garage to steal your shit then you start carrying a gun... sorry about your loss... fucken theieves

#26 ·
Sorry for your loss, I hope things work out for you when you get a new ride. But let's back up a bit here and point the finger at the real reason theft like this is so rempant. The laws governing this sort of thing are too lenient! Too often I hear of bike thieves being caught but then being back on the street in a day or two, doing what they do best! unfortunaltey, most thieves are low lifes and have no fear because they have nothing to lose!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.