Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got an L8 and I want to bypass the ABS for the front brakes. Ive changed the mc to a Brembo Radial 19x20 but I still dont like the feel.
I'm planning on running 2 full length lines from the Brembo Radial Master cylinder to the calipers. Nobody seems to offer this kit.
I was wondering if the L2-L6 Kit would fit as vendors offer this kit. I would assume the length is very similar and the calipers are the same. So I'm thinking this L2-L6 will fit?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Biker Discount Store will do you some…

Don’t think the calipers are the same on an L6….

You will have to remove ABS lines and blank the ABS pump too

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got a Superbike lines from Galfer with direct line into the calipers (no use of banjo bolts) which i got from ebay. The feels is soooo much better even with stock MC.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Definitely a good upgrade. I remove the ABS altogether though, and use an I2M dongle so no error code pops out. Very important since the ABS works directly with the TC, ie; bike dont sense the ABS working will cause it to shut down TC as well.

Iirc the brake line is at similar length with the K9 - L6. But dont take my words for it. Be smart and do a proper measuring to be absolutely sure it will go on hassle free.

·
Registered
Gsxr1000r 2017
48 Posts
Pull the abs fuse and buy a set of sbs dual carbon pads and bleed it proper, job done👌More then good enough up to advanced+ pace on track. Did this last weekend and where thrilled with the result.
Pulling abs fuse will not affect the Tc, only give you an abs light.
Worried of the weight.. skip a burger or two

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pull the abs fuse and buy a set of sbs dual carbon pads and bleed it proper, job done👌More then good enough up to advanced+ pace on track. Did this last weekend and where thrilled with the result.
Pulling abs fuse will not affect the Tc, only give you an abs light.
Worried of the weight.. skip a burger or two
Skip a burger?

Absolutely barbaric! 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts