Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 1,500 miles on K5 600, and at around 800 miles or so my brakes started to squeek when I put presure on them. Both front and rear do this. Is this a common problem with the K5's? Any input is appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Registered
297 Posts
my rear brake squeaked for a long ass time in the beginning when i first got my 600, the squeak just eventually went away, but comes back every great now and then. if its really that bad, then you could take it in if its under warranty, or possibly buy some anti squeel stuff for the brake pads. i've never used that stuff on bikes, but i use it all the time at work on cars, and it works wonders. just a thought.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, thats my only concern about the spray on stuff. Will it harm the bike, or the paint on the wheels or calipers? Thanks again.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
never noticed it, but i never use the rear except to slide the bike around like you used to do as a kid on your BMX. But the fronts have EBC sinitered pads and they haven't squeaked.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah that rear brake squeak is embarassing
Almost all, if not all, high performance racing machines have squeaky brakes. Nothing to be embarassed about.
I did not know that, haha thats a relief.

Sadly most people dont think this and think its just some old junker car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its ok, when they squeek at a stoplight or something... Just look around you, find the oldest, junkiest car you can see at the intersection.. Point and laugh and your pride will be saved!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts