Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any front calipers from newer Gixxers that will bolt on to my 91 750 without any extensive mods?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
If you go to, say the 6 pot calipers of a 'Busa and do not update yu mastercylnder, you will not have as stong a feel in the brakes as you say you like
-Karl

·
Registered
490 Posts
We have Brembo Brake conversion kits in stock for the older GSXR. They include dual 320mm full floating Brembo discs, 2 new Brembo calipers, brake lines and caliper adapters. Most kits contain a new Brembo master cylinder.

This should solve your braking woes.

yoyo
www.racebikeparts.com

<snip>
Are there any front calipers from newer Gixxers that will bolt on to my 91 750 without any extensive mods?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Yoyo:
[QB]We have Brembo Brake conversion kits in stock for the older GSXR. They include dual 320mm full floating Brembo discs, 2 new Brembo calipers, brake lines and caliper adapters. Most kits contain a new Brembo master cylinder.

This should solve your braking woes.

That would be sweet but your probably talking almost half the value of my bike in cost.

G

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TSAVO5150:

That would be sweet but your probably talking almost half the value of my bike in cost.
<hr></blockquote>

I think you are being overly optimistic on the value of your bike!! ha ha ha j.k. !

G

·
0 Posts
Any Tokico 6 piston caliper from the SRAD GSXR750, TL1000R's or Hayabusa will work on your bike. In fact next week I'll have 10 brand new sets of BRAKING brake pads in either standard or endurance compounds for those calipers if you or someone you know is interested in buying a set.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've heard that the 6-piston swap is best if you also swap the master cylinder due to their different bore sizes (get the master cyl from the same bike as the calipers).

Also there is a huge difference between different manufacturers pads. I've got Ferodo on my bike and they don't have nearly the bite that the EBC "Green" pads that were on there before did.

If you haven't tried it go for steel brake lines and some good pads, and if you still don't have enough brakes go for the 6-pistons. There are plenty of sweet aftermarket bolt-on brake upgrades but they quickly get $$$.

Matt

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the steel lines and that was a big improvement but still want more. I like really firm touchy front brakes. What will result will I have if I don't change the master cylender, firmer or mushier? Thank's for the info guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts