Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Gixxer out for a test drive today, after I cleaned to whole bike and waited for the snow to dissapear
, but when I was driving these 20meters I heard a ticking sound in my front wheel. I checked it and saw that the brake pad moved a bit in the brake calliper when the disc touches the brake pad. I saw a bit of wear on the inside of the calliper caused by the brake pad, allowing the brake pad to move a bit. This wear is about 2-millimeters but enough to make a ticking sound. Do you guys know this? Is this normal

·
Registered
192 Posts
Doesnt sound normal to me that pad should be flush up against the back of the caliper wear it sits and it shouldnt travel and back and forth and make noise.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
brolo..nothing is certain ,we just throw suggestions best we can from the info given,just trying to help out

[ 01-18-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was caused by pad looseness in my case, so there's no certainty that you have warped rotors.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I bought the bike, I checked the discs if they where warped, but as long as I could see, they weren't. The sound is indeed coming from the fact that the pad is a bit loose in the calliper. It can move a bit (looking from above in it) from left to right. I'll post a pic of it.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
you say the pad moves from left to right do you mean front to back?,have you checked that the piston is moving?
if you take the pads out you should be able to see if one has been moving

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
sounds like the disc/rotor is warped the ticking sound is when the warped part pushes the pad
get the front wheel up and give a spin and watch the disc

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Actually, when I bought my Gix, I had the ticking too. It was caused by pad looseness in my case, so there's no certainty that you have warped rotors. After replacing my pads, the tick was gone.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.k. I've inspected it again and saw that the pad can move back and forth about 2-3 millimeters in the calliper. Is this space normal?

I'm first gonna clean them, hoping that will work... I'm posting a pic of it today.

What a shit-problem, I want to ride my bike

[ 01-21-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: ErGoDyNe1 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts