Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock rotors on my bike, and a guy gave me some kevlar pads from ebc, will these work with the stock rotors and if so, are they any good?
TIA

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'll tell you after I change out all my pads this weekend. If I get my bike back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmm...from what I've heard, Kevlar pads will work fine on stock rotors. The problem occurs when you use sintered pads on stock rotors. Once you use sintered pads, you must stick with them because they coat your rotors which will work as lubrication for non-sintered pads, thus reducing your braking power.

If anyone else can add insight to this question, please do.

Outlaw

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by Maryland_Outlaw:
Hmm...from what I've heard, Kevlar pads will work fine on stock rotors. The problem occurs when you use sintered pads on stock rotors. Once you use sintered pads, you must stick with them because they coat your rotors which will work as lubrication for non-sintered pads, thus reducing your braking power.

If anyone else can add insight to this question, please do.

Outlaw
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This only happens till you burn it off... A few hundred miles and your fine.

John

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yeah Thomas, you are OK with those kevlar pads.... just be sure to bed them in nicely and they will be OK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts