Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Please can somebody explain me real difference between Brembo and OE Nissin fornt brake master cylinder?

I have GSX-R 1000 K7 and OE Nissin MC is 19x19 and Brembo 19x18 is not difference by numbers so I dont know why all people buy Brembo.

Thanks

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,595 Posts
Not all Brembos are equal either. Some bikes come with a Brembo as the OE. What I can tell you is swapping my Nissin for a Brembo made a huge difference. Far less flex in the Brembo which means better brake feel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean aftermarket Brembo not OE for some motorcycles. I believe that the difference is huge, bur can not explain why, because bore and diameter of MC is pretty same. Is there more precise diameter of pump and cylinder seals then OE MC and this make huge difference in lever stiffnes and braking power and feeling? Or somebody have deeper knowlage and explain it?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Ive got a Brembo Costa Corsa 19mm MC on a K6
One of my sons also has a K6 with a Stock MC
Technically, I can't explain the difference but I can brake a shitload later into corners, skill difference could explain that but straight line stopping distances there is no contest, he'd hit the wall if there was one there.
Ive only ever used the sports setting on it, the feel is superb, can hold it all the way to the apex.
Ive only ever used the brakes once in an ES situation and it stopped instantly, the brakes are better than me, no contest.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,595 Posts
I mean aftermarket Brembo not OE for some motorcycles. I believe that the difference is huge, bur can not explain why, because bore and diameter of MC is pretty same. Is there more precise diameter of pump and cylinder seals then OE MC and this make huge difference in lever stiffnes and braking power and feeling? Or somebody have deeper knowlage and explain it?
The system is stiffer. With the OE master, you clamp down and the whole thing flexes. Any energy that you use to flex doesn't go into the hydraulic pressure. The brembo unit is just stiffer, and if you're a baller, the billet brembo is stiffer yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okey guy, maybe flex is the difference and constuction for better brake control and feel.

Thaks for all

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understood it :)
OE MC is 19X21 - 21mm fulcrum means stiffer lever, less travel, but need more pressure to brake harder
Brembo 19X18-20 - 20mm fulcrum litle bit softer than OE, little bit more travel need, but little bit less pressure need to brake harder. If you change RCS to 18mm fulcrum the lever feel softer, get a more travel but you can use much less pressure to brake hard

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,249 Posts
Hi all,
Please can somebody explain me real difference between Brembo and OE Nissin fornt brake master cylinder?

I have GSX-R 1000 K7 and OE Nissin MC is 19x19 and Brembo 19x18 is not difference by numbers so I dont know why all people buy Brembo.

Thanks
Higher quality part with more adjustment and tighter tolerances that results in a different feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts