Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone, i have this problem that came up when i had to replace my brake lever. in the pic is the new brake lever that i bought that is supposed to be for the 98 gixxer 600. the lower lever is the one thats broke that came off the bike. what i need to know is what year and model does the broke one come off of.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
more than likely came off a 98 750 since the 750 had a little more adjustment to it than the 600. I know it didnt come off a 99 750 since that year had 6 click adjustment

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
My Y2K 600 has four positions, like the top one --- so you can eliminate that model.

·
Registered
645 Posts
well, I have dealt with these and the dial means no difference at all. It just has a little more adjustability than the old ones by two clicks. The levers should be the same if it's a 750 part for a 750... but not sure about the 600. I wouldn't think it should be any different at all. Really the 600's should be almost entirely the same minus the front end and motor and trailing arm.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
the top is the right lever for your bike
are you sure the bottom lever is suzuki?
has it got a part no on it??

·
88,756 Posts
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:
the top is the right lever for your bike
are you sure the bottom lever is suzuki?
has it got a part no on it??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes its a suzuki lever for a 750

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes its a suzuki lever for a 750
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mpdgsxr1000 and everyone, thanks for the help.

mpdgsxr1000 do you know what year that lever came on by any chance.

dale gribble... shut up and go back to your zx-12 board.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just took a look at it and no theres not any part numbers on it and i didnt see any kind of stamps on it that would help identify it. im thinking that on tues. i can go to the dealer and just look at what they have and maybe get lucky and they have one.

·
88,756 Posts
not sure on the year but more than likely from 96-98 would be my guess

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
looks just like the one on my bike...(the lower one)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
This is my brake lever on my 96 750??? You can kinda see it to compare.

This one actually looks like the one on the top..

[ 01-06-2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: outcold ]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by outcold:
This is my brake lever on my 96 750??? You can kinda see it to compare.

This one actually looks like the one on the top..

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm, that bottom part doesn't look right. Is anyone certain it comes from at post 96 gix? (have pix?) could it have come from an earlier model? What is broken on the bottom lever?

Is there any chance of getting shots of how that 2nd lever looked when it was installed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you sure the bottom one is from a '98 750.......because i just changed mine(to aftermarket one) a couple of weeks ago and i'm sure it had six positions not 5 ?????

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought about posting some more pics of the 2 pieces seperated on the bottom lever but just didnt but if you can see in the pic that there is a brass sleeve that goes throught the square shaped piece well the brake lever had round holes that the sleeve fit into that held the 2 pieces together. kinda follow me there. i'll post some more pics tonight of the lever and the other piece seperate.
thanks for all the help so far maybe the pics i post tonight will clear up the fog a little more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well guys i figured out y i couldnt find a gixxer brake lever to match the one that was broke, it was because the guy that put it on there used one off a 2000+ yamaha r1 but anyways i got it with no problems what so ever. thanks for everyones in put.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts