Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to try something different with my brake fluid cause I'm getting a lot of brake fade towrge the end of my sessions. I know I need to upgrade my stuff but I can't right now so I'm hoping a better fluid will help me out some. Any help would be great. :cheers

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
what lines are you running?

what pads are you running?

and i run ATE super blue fluid, and have been runnig this fluid for 6+ yrs and thru 5 different bikes and my old SCCA car. we aso use this fluid in the zri race cars, and in the lamborghini's, ferrari's, porsche's at my old job.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all Spiegler steal braided lines, and I have Vesrah Srjl pads. Mc and calipers are stock.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In have Spectro sx600 in one bike and Repsol in the other. If you keep a descent dot 4 in there now you'll likely not see a difference. You've probably glazed your pads and your fluid is so hot it's making your rubber lines bulge under pressure.

My 2 cents is save the $10-20 fluid change and put it towards the brake pad/line fund.

And way to go on being quick enough to kick the OEM equipments ass:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
I already have lines and pads
Gotcha. Sorry I missed that update. I have had people swear by Motul but it is a bit spendy. If I was in your spot that's what I would run. Its 594* dry boiling point and 394 wet. Compare that to what you are running now and see if the #'s are better.

I'd also care more about the dry # in a racing application since fluid is swapped regularly and doesn't take on much moisture. The wet # is for daily drivers that have very long service intervals that absorb a lot of moisture.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have anything special for fluid right now. That's why I was looking to get something that's worth a shit to see if that will help with my fade problems.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about Castrol SRF

Typical wet boiling point is 270° C (518° F)
Typical dry boiling point is 310° C (590° F)

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
I use RBF600 fluid. Same lines (goodridge) and RJL pads, stock master and calipers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'm gonna go with the RBF600 and give it a try. I hope it helps with my brake fade!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They should only be used on the track yes, I'm not gonna lie I've taken some rides on the street with them they just don't have the stopping power till they get some heat into them. I have not tried the RJLs as of yet but they are going to be my next pad. The only reason I used these cause they were given to me cause a friend sold his bike and still had these in the garage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts