Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the rear brake line on my SV is way too long and it's a pain in my ass! :hammer I'd like to move it from up under the tail (first pic gives general area) to down under the seat on the right side (second pic. It would be behind the side covers when I make them). Is there anything wrong with cutting the stock lines to a shorter length or just ordering a short SS line? Will the length change anything? I'm 99.999% positive it won't but I'd rather ask.

So, cutting the line and reattaching? Good? Bad? I'd rather not buy SS lines right now, but if I do, where do I get a short one? As always, thanks in advance! GDC :punks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Not sure what the SV master looks like, but this guy makes a pretty nice set up here. No line to deal with at all!

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what the SV master looks like, but this guy makes a pretty nice set up here. No line to deal with at all!

That is great. Who makes that?

you can cut the line anywhere you want and reattach it. It won't be a problem at all.
Thanks! That makes life a whole lot easier! Hey, did you get the PM I sent you about 1st Gen (99-02) SV parts? I'll shoot you another :biggrin

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
He goes by the name of vandriver over at tlzone forum. He makes some pretty nice stuff.
You could always shoot him an email and ask him if he makes one for your bike. Not sure?
I dont know him personally, just seen his stuff from being around on many different forums.
Here is a email he had in his profile You can try it, not sure if it works. I'm not a member there so I cant pm him for you.

[email protected]

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll send him an email and see what happens. Thanks alot! :cheers

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$63 shipped. Great little gadget! :banana It's like 2" tall!

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reservoir installed. This little thing is so cool.

Don't mind the random bolts and pieces of steel hanging from the frame/subframe. :p Still trying to perfect the design for the GSXR tail. I'm getting ready to buy the tube steel and rent a welder. I would do aluminum, but the guy I have that's gonna weld can't guarantee he can do a perfect structural aluminum weld and doesn't want to chance it on my behalf, so I'll just do steel. It will still be lighter than OEM. :banana

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Even lighter, cheaper & arguably more affective would be to use a 3-4 inch piece of clear brake hose filled with brake fluid (attached to the MS @ 1 end & a chemical resistant rubber stopper inserted & zip tied @ the other end).
Tygon 2075 FTW!

I have it on my front and rear brake cups and it has worked very well.

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even lighter, cheaper & arguably more affective would be to use a 3-4 inch piece of clear brake hose filled with brake fluid (attached to the MS @ 1 end & a chemical resistant rubber stopper inserted & zip tied @ the other end).
Umm... I was talking about the sub frame being lighter...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts