Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake Fade on the \'04 GSX-R600

Hey guys,

I've heard a few other guys have this problem too. so maybe one of you might have a solution to this problem.

after a session of hard breaking (i can run 1.08's @ beaverun, intermediate group--just to give you a general idea of the stress i'm putting on the breaks), i've been experiencing a pretty significant amount of brake fade. in one instance, I actually developed around a 1/2 inch of 'play' in the lever to the point where I could literally tap the levela 1/2 inch towards the clip-ons. however, after each session, I'm able to squeeze the crap out of the brakes and pump them back up to a decent stiffness. this really freaked me out at first, but I've adapted to it. Still, it's a nuisance that I'd rather do without.

another point to note is that i also have new brake fluid (had an STT mechanic bleed both calipers and bleed it from the brake fluid resevoir), new vesrah RJL pads, and goodridge steel braided lines.

the pads and lines have about 5 track days on them.

I've heard about air bubbles near the pistons in the calipers, and have also heard that the stock master cylinder isn't exactly the best piece of gear there is.

i've checked my rotors, and they're def. in fine condition. plus, i've heard this same complaint from racers and other riders who take excellent care of their bikes.

i've read the posts about sanding microparticles off the rotors, or the rotors being bent, but based on the numerous reports of this, I wonder if something else is going on.

does anyone have any good suggestions to offer? have any of you replaced your stock master cylinder with an aftermarket part?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Brake Fade on the \'04 GSX-R600

The pads are bending.
Take them out, put them back to back, and you'll see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts