Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Did everryone use china brake discs like commet or arashy? How they work, they last more than 10k?
I am interested for my 750 srad '97. Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would stay well clear, they wont last, score and blue in no time. Even seen used ones on ebay advertised as low miles and not looking good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! My problem is that I should have had 2 floating discs, but I just have a single one floating, the other one is fixed.
My question is, the floating type should have just axial play or both, axial and radial play?

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
my hesitation would be accuracy, doesn't take much to get a pulsating lever, one of the most uncomfortable riding issues I can think of, rather have a loud ass irritating gutted out D&D pipe than a pulsating lever... ick ... however if you know someone with a flat table grinder or sander you can true em up, lotta work tho

if you do go for them, go for the most buttons you can get and go wavy.. wavy flexes more and will be less likely to pulsate your lever if they aren't true, and less material mans easier to true up on table..

do let us know

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
my hesitation would be accuracy, doesn't take much to get a pulsating lever, one of the most uncomfortable riding issues I can think of, rather have a loud ass irritating gutted out D&D pipe than a pulsating lever... ick ... however if you know someone with a flat table grinder or sander you can true em up, lotta work tho

if you do go for them, go for the most buttons you can get and go wavy.. wavy flexes more and will be less likely to pulsate your lever if they aren't true, and less material mans easier to true up on table..

do let us know
Ok Twisty, I can let a lot of things pass but I can't abide your mockery of gutted D&D's :( lol

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I would sooner but used OEM over China trash with no QC

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Ok Twisty, I can let a lot of things pass but I can't abide your mockery of gutted D&D's :( lol
lol

I just dumped mine, runs so much better and sounds so much better... never again..

the Delkevic stainless tri oval I installed is a keeper for sure sounds so good..

more power now I have some back pressure and it runs so smooth fora carbed unline 4, neery a hitch or a hiccup at idle or off idle and that for me is key I get way better starts off idle with the better running smoother engine..

perfect, I do need rotors myself... a nice set of light weight should do the trick, slap em on my marchesini's and some good DOT's and hit the canyons!!!

WEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I had D&D on my '94 907 and I loved it, but I had repacked it so it technically wasn't the same not to mention a 750(907) is gonna sound totally different. I've left my 600 stock so far. I've always went aftermarket, but for the first time in my life I'm enjoying silently flying under the radar. When I'm doing something I shouldn't I like that everyone isn't rubbernecking to see what some idiot is doing because they hear that 600 scream. Not crazy about how it looks, but I got nothing to prove anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been using these for almost 2 years now, so far they seem pretty good View attachment 569586
How many km they have? What pads do you use?
I saw some Commet rotors on a wizzbizz shop in UK. Do you know something about this? The shop or the rotors?
The EBC's that i like are quite expensive, but the new design of the buttons convinge me...

·
Super Moderator
14,992 Posts
Been using these for almost 2 years now, so far they seem pretty good View attachment 569586
It all depends on what you're willing to trust your life with. I personally couldn't ride around comfortably running anything but top shelf equipment, specifically when it comes to something as critical as a braking component.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a pair of used OEM discs in almost as new condition a few months ago, and the seller also sent me a pair of China discs that looks just like those for free.

I tried the China discs on my TL1000S, but when braking the lever pulsated realy bad, it was this "gravely" feeling, like when the ABS kicks in on a car, I think this is because of the discs NOT being floating because the buttons are pressed together all the way leaving no room for axial play, and the machining of the discs are poorly done with a lot of "grades" sticking out at the edges of the grooves in the discs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys! Did everryone use china brake discs like commet or arashy? How they work, they last more than 10k?
I am interested for my 750 srad '97. Thanks!
I would buy a pair of used OEM or known brand discs in good condition.

I did pay 25$ for one pair of almost new OEM discs and one pair brand new China discs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts