Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just aquired a set of 1200 Bandit 4 pot Nissin front brake calipers which I would like to fit to my 85 GSXR750F. Has anybody done this mod?.If anybody has I would be grateful if they could let me know who made the mounting brackets.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Flying Scotsman:
I've just aquired a set of 1200 Bandit 4 pot Nissin front brake calipers which I would like to fit to my 85 GSXR750F. Has anybody done this mod?.If anybody has I would be grateful if they could let me know who made the mounting brackets.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You could try a seller of AP or Brembo brakes for a bracket.

A suitable thick piece of aluminum or steel could be made into a bracket as well.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
If they take the same adapters as AP calipers, I have a set of new billet alum. and hard anodized adapters for a 88-95 750 to AP's. If your early Model is the same as the 88-95 spacing and the Bandit is the same as AP's theses will work.
But does'nt the Bandit use the same Calipers as the 88-92's?
Bones

[ 10-25-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
If your early Model is the same as the 88-95 spacing and the Bandit is the same as AP's these will work.

But doesn't the Bandit use the same Calipers as the 88-92's?
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's not the same spacing...

Yes, Bandit does have the same caliper spacing as the 88-modern gixxers.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Maybe the pre 88 stuff is the same as the new ones? New 600-750 calipers are getting pretty cheap.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
Maybe the pre 88 stuff is the same as the new ones? New 600-750 calipers are getting pretty cheap.
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I dunno nuffin' `bout dose bandits and other stuff... but the tokico 4-pots off the new-gen 600's are a direct bolt-on for the `89 1100 as long as you use the original `89 rotors... if you put the new-gen wheel&rotors in there as well, then the mount has to move up about 2.5mm to make up for the larger-diameter new-gen rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts