Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

361 - 371 of 371 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Do not use race pads on the street. They need heat to work, heat that won't be developed with street riding.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guys I have R1 MC from crashed bike. The bleed nipple was broken in MC. Saddle of the nipple was drilled but the nipple leak :-( so I have screw with washer instead of bleed nipple. I rebuild MC kit and I have completely empty system. When bleeding I was try to bleed from banjo under MC and lever feel spongy. When I get off caliper and push pistons completely back in both calipers and pump the lever - lever feels pretty solid. Have somebody tips for how to bleed without bleeder on radial MC?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,391 Posts
Take it off the bike and turn either the banjo (which is not recommended to constantly loosen and tighten) to the highest point of the MC. Or turn it so the fluid pickup is the highest point. From the factory, the bleeder is the highest point. Or, your cheap ass could buy a MC that isn't fucked up.....

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Just found that my k7 1000 has not had the recalled MC changed, part ordered. Strange though the previous owner told me it was done. I researched this and found the letter from 2013, I didn't check further trusting previous owner, why would he say that ? Anyhow a trip to my dealer, Springwood Suzuki Brisbane, revealed this had not been done. Further research shows a pic of new MC , I don't have access to pic's on this forum yet. WARNING!!! I found that a parts dealer in the UK has peen prosecuted for selling @ 90 recalled master cylinders and sentenced to 12 months prison (suspended) Google Ebay Seller Prosecuted. Watch out.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Dealer mechanic asked me if i noticed the spongy feel on the brake lever but I couldn't answer , apart from a quick test ride at sellers house , I haven't ridden this bike yet! No rego. Hoping to get to the next track day.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I found a recall had been done on this bike. A sticker on rear shock, mount under tank, says, Recall completed, Campaign number SRC 07-04, I'm trying to find what this is. Could be ISC valve or fuel pipe.

361 - 371 of 371 Posts