Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help am fitting braided hoses back and front to my GSXR600 this weekend. Any tips would be appreciated cause dont have a clue. Also how do I bleed the brakes, what do i need?? (apart from brake fluid:) )Thanks guys

·
Registered
781 Posts
Bleeding Brakes:
I did it last weekend. First thing first, get hold of the brake fluid of your choice (I used Dot4). Buy tubes with one way valves from Halfords or your local car shop, theyu cost about £4.00 but makes a difficult task piss-easy. Turn the bleeding nipples on your calliper (do one at a time, you can both simultaneously if you have two tubes with valves)half a turn with a 6 or 7 mm spanner. Open the reservoir. Make sure you don't drop that brake fluid on paintwork. Be extra careful when you take the black rubber out as it would be soaking in brake fluid. pump the lever and it would pump old oil out. I found a McDonald's drinks paper cup/glass handy, I pulled the straw out and pushe the tubes through the straw hole in the lid. The one-way vlves in tubes kept it from sliding out of the cup. Pump the fluid out, keep topping up till clear fluid starts flowing in the tube. Top up before the resevoir empties as it would keep air from going into lines. I bled both brakes together using two tubes and the whole thing took less than 20 minutes. At the end fill the reservoir to about the middle of the upper and lower limit marks (remember the black rubber seal needs a lot of space and it would cause the oil to spill if it is over-filled)and close the resrvoir. tighten the bleeding valves, remove the tubes and you are done. If you can't find these tubes than you can use ordinary rubber tubes making sure that the other end is submerged in brake fluid and the discharge container is dry (wouldn't recommend a McDonalds glass in that case). Hope it helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the detailed info. You have made a scary job look really simple. Am off to Halfords for 2 tubes. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts