Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasssup. I just bought a 98 Gixxer 750 it has 4777 miles its been tuned. It only cost me $4800 it also coming with all stock parts, plus 2 Arai helmets 2 Joe rocket jackets and SIDI boots. I think I just landed a huge deal. Just excited thanx.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
People that live in Denver

Welcome to the club. That is a great deal. Now you must post picts of the Hooters girls on your new ride!

jontflesh

·
Registered
582 Posts
I live in littleton muahahah..we should ride sometime.

Flesh denver rocks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sweet deal Bro!! Lets see some pics.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got a 99 750 from "A WOMAN SCORN". Her husband left her, with $400 payment. They financed short term. Bike was completely stock with 3600 miles on it. they owed $5200 on it, So I bought it less than payoff. The funny thing was they put less than 1000 miles on the bike the length of the time they owned it, so basically the bike is brand new. I know the feeling of a good deal, you got one also. Thank God for Gixxers!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here are the pics.
By the way it came with 2 Arai helments, Joe Rocket, Sidi boots.
Bike mods that were included are Titanium Yosh bolt on stainless steel brake lines front and rear, EBC front rotors, LP blue speed screen, AFAM gears front 2 teeth down rear 4 teeth up. Yeah its hella quick.

All with 4777 miles on the bike. Price paid $4800.00
now for the pics

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
-2 in front anf +4 in rear ? that would be 14/49 ????????????

what is your top speed, 80 ? looks nice

·
Registered
257 Posts
You guys are lucky. Just paid close to 7000 for a 99 750. In miami they are hard to find in good condition.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
AFAM gears front 2 teeth down rear 4 teeth up. Yeah its hella quick
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that makes for a .....
well joey p already said it.

i feel hes a bit pessimiistic though - it'll do 90 or 95 (downhill) you might want to:
1) check the stamping/no.s on the rear sprok at least

2) count the teeth (use a grease pencil to mark ur start)

3) refer to the individual whom sold this to you

no doubt it looks and surely runs gr8, but i think the info on the external gearing is a bit off.

congrats on the bike - keep us posted.

im goin up 6 in the rear and down3 up front to avoid anymore speeding tix

[ 06-04-2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Esemes750WX ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
you think anyone would be interested in my 99 gsxr 750??? everything is always for sale , if T>P>I>R> she's a beauty and just turned 4000 miles old.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're right I haven't counted the teeth yet and i had at a buck forty last night in third
. The seem to want to wheely in every gear if I don't g-e-n-t-l-y roll on the throttle but thats fun of course
. But today I get down and count the teeth and see what I come up with. And it is S-W-E-E-E-E-T no rash at all it looks like it just came off the show room floor which the reason I bought and install frame and swing arm sliders for it yesterday.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well just because your speedo says you are doing 140 doesnt meen you are... First off, you bike will not go 140 in 3rd gear even with the stock gears. Also, if you change the gears on your bike the speedo will always read the same MPH at the same RPM... the speedo works off of the counter shaft. So no matter what you do unless you use radar to see how fast you were going, you wouldnt really know...

Even still, 3rd gear doesnt do 140..

John

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I type that in worng it was forth. yeah it has a 48 tooth rear and I haven't counted the front look Like a pain in the ass to get to. I have finally come to grips with the bike also. It didn't feel right since I bought it. Used to to get real unsettled over bumps while cornering adjusted the rebound front and rear also took some advice and learned to relax and it has all come together now it coners great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts