Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers

I had been riding a 91 ZX-6 for awhile, and went in to get a new chain and set of sprockets put on. Well, the chain had worn out the rear hub, and the tranny was on its way out, and putting money into it to fix it wouldnt be worth it.

Ended up on a 2006 GSXR-750 in blue and white. Ive been wanting this bike since I was 16. I got my roommate into riding, and he bought a 06 GSXR-600 in black and red last week(first bike) so I got to ride it 30 miles round trip to have frame sliders installed and I was hooked.

Ive only put about 50 miles on her so far(I had to work all day yesterday) but I got nice sunny florida weather today and am gonna go riding soon. She rides like a dream, this bike f'in rules.

Her name is Tammy, i'll get some pics up in a day or two.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, i'd been wanting a gixxer since forever.(Notice I registered here a year ago) Only had the kawasaki because it was all i could afford at the time, and it was a good first sport bike I thought.

Turn 20 tommorrow, so it was a nice little gift to myself :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, i'm takin it slow and getting used to how she handles. Comparing this to my old bike is like Heaven and Hell. Riding is fundamental, but the way this bike rides is just so much better than my Ninja its mind boggling. I cant believe how far this technology has come, its incredible. Lightweight, extremely precise, strong describes this bike.

Put about 100 miles on her today w/ my roommate, damn this bike is exactly what I was looking for in performance. I cant get enough of it.

One thing me and my roommate noticed, is that the 750 sounds identical to the 600 but its got a deeper tone to it. A deeper growl if you will. Riding next to each other at 40-50mph the hum of them together is awesome.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
1BMF said:
I got to ride it 30 miles round trip to have frame sliders installed and I was hooked.
are you serious? you guys couldn't install the sliders yourselves? :scratch

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dJt3xtbook said:
are you serious? you guys couldn't install the sliders yourselves? :scratch
Uh, I could have; but why bother when the sliders and install were thrown in with the price of the bike?

Besides, it was an excuse for me to ride a new gixxer. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks,

I took her out with some guys all around Orlando tonight. Put over 100 miles on her today alone.

Damn it was nuts, the guys I was riding with were doin 140+ on I-4. I kept her under the RPM limit, so I fell back and never caught up with them LOL It was pretty much at the end of the night anyways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.