Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i bought one off ebay from fuel moto. i installed it and its the unswitched but i still have engine braking just as it was before and cant tell a difference. what should i do. is there something wrong with it or do some just not feel it as much as others

·
Registered
654 Posts
You can get an ohmmeter and measure the resistance- it should be at 15k for a 600/750- that's 15,000 ohms. Measure at the ECU connector side of the TRE, pink and brown wire? I don't remember the colors, but it's not the blue one- that's straight through. With the switched version, it's somewhat easier to see at least some evidence that it is working. WHen it is switched on at idle, the idle lowers. Of course, this doesn't say anything for it's performance- but it does let you know that you've got it hooked-up right.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
1.warm up yr engine, rev up to 3k rpm (hold) then clutch. rpm should drop slightly. 2.clutch in n see if yr rpm goes up slight. if both yes then its working fine.

Ivan's TRE, best amount the rest that i came across..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.