Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
yep thats what i figure, it'll be a rough few years but it'll be worth it...

Reactions: 8you4t

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
It's really gone down hill lately. I miss what it was like when I first joined. Supposedly it was even better before I came along.
It really was glorious back in the day, a good group of people and lulz for days. I think the decline started when this went from a group people talking about motorcycles and sharing nudes to a business acquisition that was looking for ROI. I still lurk in every now and again, still have my 02 750 (and she is still minty). The flip side is I did make IRL friendships with people I still have relationships with, so I am forever grateful to this forum even if it has turned into a desolate wasteland

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
It really was glorious back in the day, a good group of people and lulz for days. I think the decline started when this went from a group people talking about motorcycles and sharing nudes to a business acquisition that was looking for ROI. I still lurk in every now and again, still have my 02 750 (and she is still minty). The flip side is I did make IRL friendships with people I still have relationships with, so I am forever grateful to this forum even if it has turned into a desolate wasteland
your bike was one of the reasons i bought a K3 haha
loved it when i was younger.

all forums are dieing, ive noticed the younger generation has 0 interest in anything mechanical... even the modified car scene has died... bike nights are pretty much completely dead in melbourne.... when i was say... 22? there was meets every second night, but we've had a war on anything modified since i was about 12 years old... i still remember when the first hoon laws came in just before my 18th birthday. i was SPEWING! lol

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
your bike was one of the reasons i bought a K3 haha
loved it when i was younger.

all forums are dieing, ive noticed the younger generation has 0 interest in anything mechanical... even the modified car scene has died... bike nights are pretty much completely dead in melbourne.... when i was say... 22? there was meets every second night, but we've had a war on anything modified since i was about 12 years old... i still remember when the first hoon laws came in just before my 18th birthday. i was SPEWING! lol
Great to hear man, I was inspired by this forum and glad I could inspire others.

I agree with a lot of your points, I also think the Facebook groups have taken over the forum scene. There is a literally a group for everything. The younger generation doesnt want to have to search a forum or post a new thread and wait for people to respond. In the FB groups you can post an issue and have multiple comments in minutes, everything has to be delivered instantly these days :dunno

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Totally agree ... I don’t have a private account on FB , only my business.
In that regard it’s a very powerful tool , but I still can’t get on board with it.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
Totally agree ... I don’t have a private account on FB , only my business.
In that regard it’s a very powerful tool , but I still can’t get on board with it.
you're better off staying off social media outside of it being a business tool, its a great waste of time.... and way too much personal information is bought and sold on there, some tech company utilised social media, internet useage and spending data, and collated a 5000 data point mind map. theres a show on netflix about it... its kinda nuts.

Great to hear man, I was inspired by this forum and glad I could inspire others.

I agree with a lot of your points, I also think the Facebook groups have taken over the forum scene. There is a literally a group for everything. The younger generation doesnt want to have to search a forum or post a new thread and wait for people to respond. In the FB groups you can post an issue and have multiple comments in minutes, everything has to be delivered instantly these days :dunno
yeah man your bikes mint, glad to hear you still have it too.

and yep you are 100% right, no patience at all and a very much i want it now attitude, and a lot of poor knowledge being passed around. but i spose itll self regulate...

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
VP lounge too, should probably fix that, or just delete both entirely.

·
23,130 Posts
I posted that here anticipating a faster response and better service than if I reported it otherwise.

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
It’s just phone emojis now mate ...

·
23,130 Posts
When do you think VerticalScope is going to start shutting forums down? Should we just put this place out of it's misery already or how long do we let it drag on for?

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
This might be one of the few that keeps going .... tho it is coughing blood atm.

Kills me

·
Administrator
15,408 Posts
When do you think VerticalScope is going to start shutting forums down? Should we just put this place out of it's misery already or how long do we let it drag on for?
I imagine when they start losing money. Not really sure how they're still making money on this site.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
sittin here sippin on a cup of tea waiting to see if i get retreched like

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,076 Posts
son of a bitch... not so lucky... no packages given out for my area....
but one of the old bitches whos a nightmare got marching orders... ahhh glorious :D

Reactions: spike52

·
Administrator
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Dark days

121 - 140 of 208 Posts