Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recommend a certain brand/style for drag racing? I usually just wear normal every day boots when I race, but I am looking for more protection before I start this season.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Bates

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes Sir

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
A full length road-race style boot is a bit of overkill for drag racing. if you're playing the odds, the need for superior reinforced ankle protection is generally not required since there are almost no highsides ever. Besides Bates, people wear wrestling shoes since they are lightweight and relatively cheap, driving shoes, or a light armor riding boot. i wear TCX X-Square boots, which is a light armor riding boot. It's comfortable, offers good ankle, heel, and toe protection, has a solid sole for good support of your body weight when feet are on the pegs, and won't shred to bits in the event of a crash.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Besides Bates, people wear wrestling shoes since they are lightweight and relatively cheap, driving shoes, or a light armor riding boot.
I prefer the wrestling sneakers,I used to wear Asics for years and then they started cracking down and busting balls at Atco saying that they didnt provide enough ankle protection.:cursing

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Timberlands yo!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I remember those... I think my dad wore them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Anthony D
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing