Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is.......I want to switch to USD forks.

My biggest reason for the switch is comfort first, then performance.......

I need the clip-ons to be above the triple to make it better riding for me.

Question is......

If i use a 750 setup would it be possible to raise the fork tubes slightley in the clamp, then put the clipon ontop of the triple....

I would then have to locate the clipon then drill for the 10mm bolt....Of course using clipons off a 1100......

Does this sound possible, or has anyone done this. ????????

I've seen more 750 frt ends around then 1100's for sale.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The 91-92 1100 forks would be your best bet as the steering stops and Ign lock is the same as your 89. The 93-up forks you need to trim the stops off the lower clamp and the Ign switch may interfear with the frame (my 88 did but other people have not spoken about this). If you use 750 forks you can't slide them up in the clamps far enough to put the clip-ons above, you just need Heli-bars or the real nice ones from Two Brothers to get the bars above the triple. I have 93 750 forks on my 88 7-11 but I am switching to 94 tubes (the blue ones) and like Karl I am switching to 01 1000 forks on my 90 1100.
Bones

[ 10-17-2002, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Oh yeah, I am selling the 93 tubes (no triples)
Bones

·
Registered
461 Posts
I find the 750 forks on my bike are too short sitting flush.
Get the later model 1100 forks, they already have mountings for the clipons above the triple clamp.(I think 95 and up)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well, Z1, I recomend using the 1100 set it is more comfortable than the 750, I still have my stock 92 1100 clip-ons(with cluch m\c) and full tripple tree with bearings if you want them, the top clamp has been painted black, you can pick up 92 1100 forks of fleabay pretty cheap too
-Karl

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with FastCat on this one.
If all you want to accomplish is a more comfortable ride, then go with a set of those bar extender thingys.

But... if your actually wanting a cool front end and using comfort as an excuse (come on fess up!) then go with the early 90's usd 1100 setup.

[ 10-18-2002, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Tornado-rider ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts