Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Yosh TRS Stainless slip on on my 03 1K, but came across a bolt on Yosh RS-3 Carbon bolt on. One is going on the bike, one is going to be sold. Just wondering what real world performance differences folks are seeing. I know that the bolt ons give you more low/mid punch due to the set valve, but I am curious about exactly how big of a difference I'll be seeing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
565 Posts
i would like to know where your gettin this assumption that the low end torque is gonna be different for a slip on and a bolt on. Like did you get that from a credible sorce or just from around the way. It does not make much sense that it would do that. Im curious myself to know if your right. chances are its probly a minute difference.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A bolt on would retain the set valve as only the muffler is replaced, the set valve is "suppost" to help low end power thru backpressure changes in the pipe. A slipon would do away with the set valve. It will be a small difference, but there will still be a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts