Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have started experienced the bike bogging down under heavy load, this seemed to have started after the major service. I suspect the issue was always there, it has just become a lot more noticeable as I have become more comfortable with the bike.

Things I have noted that seem to bring on the issue:
Throttle more than 75%.
RPM higher than 6000.
The issue seems to get worse the longer the session.
There is no FI light

I have included a video of this happening, to help explain my issue.
It essentially feels like hitting limiter, however the power can come back on immediately after, which is all sorts of unsettling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOcMczJNCC0

Turning the bike off for a few minutes seems to improve the issue for a minute or so.

About the bike:
2009 GSX-R 1000
I bought the bike used at 42,000 km with all the modifications.
Currently has 51,500 km's or 32,000 in freedom units
PCV with questionable install (wiring is awful)
Yoshimura R77 Exhaust
PAIR mod
K&N air filter

Some things I have tried:
Fuel tank breather hose did appear to be pinched. I stopped it from being pinched, perhaps it's damaged though?
I tried a different fuel map on the PCV but it just seems to change where bogging begins, either higher up in the RPM or lower.

It had the major service so, new spark plugs and the air filter was cleaned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I just put on the Zero map, went for a little spin and didn't have an issue.

So I guess my next question is...

Does running the zero map turn off the power commander, therefore suggesting the power commander is faulty?

Or are the fuel maps I tried so far off they are causing the issue?

I guess if the fuel filter is dirty it might not be able to keep up with a more aggressive map?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ok, I just put on the Zero map, went for a little spin and didn't have an issue.

So I guess my next question is...

Does running the zero map turn off the power commander, therefore suggesting the power commander is faulty?

Or are the fuel maps I tried so far off they are causing the issue?

I guess if the fuel filter is dirty it might not be able to keep up with a more aggressive map?
zero map eliminated the pcv. the problem more than likely is the maps you are running. if the bike revs to red line sans the pcv then your fuel filter is probably fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, It does seem to be fine now with the zero map.

I wonder why it became an issue after the service. Unless I just became more confident because it was serviced.

Anyway.. will do a longer test in the morning with the zero map.

Was planning to get a quickshifter and tune. Still deciding if I should get the full Bazzaz system with TC or not.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Get your bike custom tuned by a good dyno tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts