Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed while riding yesturday, that im not using the wide, flat part of the seat (further back). But If I scoot back and lay down in more of a racing crouch, the bike feels more balanced during cornering. The tank also feels alot narrower and it might be making it easier for me to hang off.

When I am forward on the bike, entering corners off the gas, the front wheel feels overloaded, like it wants to turn in untill I get wiegh off it with the gas.

I think I basically answered my own question, but is this how you are supposed to sit while cornering? It seems like having more wieght forward on the bike for the countersteer helps the front end 'bite' and turn in, and having your wieght rearward helps keep the bike balanced for evrything else. I dont like moving my wieght around mid corner tho, any suggestions, ideas, comments?

·
Registered
727 Posts
There's no set formula for fast. It depends on the bike, the rider, the corner, and your line choice. Get more practice feeling the bike under you. It's all about keeping it settled and hooking up under you. Do what you have success with. Style is style, once you have the basics, find your own way to go fast.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good to me! My last ride I was in a comfortable middle ground. Not all the way back, not scooted way forward. Works well for me! The front end seems like it is lighter and steers quicker, and the bike doesent feel like it wants to tuck off the throttle.

Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts