Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the BMC filter, which i noticed a difference. A friend of mine had mentioned something about DNA and had asked if i heard anything good about it. i told him i have heard nothing and that i haven't read anything on GDC. Has anyone heard about DNA and how well does it perform? My friend also sent me this

http://www.rc51.org/dyno/bmc.htm

thanks guys for all your input and knowlegde.:punk

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is the BMC truely junk? Or is not as good as the DNA? Birdman, with all your knowledge on hp, does the BMC offer any gain? i tried doing a search on this site about the DNA, but it seems that no one has put a thread up about it yet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
coz they aren't available in the US. I haven't done a tst onthe 05 GSXR, but on the CBR1000RR, CBR600RR and a couple of others. In general, on todays bikes I have not seen the BMC filters do anything for h.p. infact on bikes like the 954, they lose one or two. Again, the DNA is the only filter I have seen give h.p on modern bikes. But you will have to import one, coz nobody brings them in to the US.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Birdman is right.

I've tried BMC and K&N and they did nothing or lost power.

The DNA made more power everywhere ( 02 Model GSXR1000 )

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have heard from tuners in the USA that DNA is a copy of K&N. They are made the same way of the same thing. You can see this by looking at either one of their websites.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Birdman45 said:
yeah thats coz they can't get DNA but they can get K&N. LOL That's like saying all exhaust systems look similar and so they all give the ame h.p. Sadly this is not true.
We can get DNA in the states, first of all. Please tell us specifically and with detail what the difference is between DNA and K&N in construction and theory. Thanks.

Exhausts have many different factors such as can length, material used, diameters, bends, etc. Both of these filters are pleated oiled cotton that fit the exact same space.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hardly a convincing argument. You've bought into DNAs hype. I've read it, too on www.dnafilters.com. Except I know bullshit when I see it. I have nothing against any aftermarket company in existence. I don't make money off any aftermarket parts. However, a little dash of common sense may do you some good. You are making "great" power with an expensive K&N.

Here:

DNA
The DNA High performance air filter is a high quality next generation multilayer cotton gauze oil impregnated air filter.
The filter media is made of 4 layers of high quality nafta surgical cotton gauze specialy designed by our R&D department.

K&N:
http://www.knfilters.com/filter_facts.htm
Pleated multi layered oil impregnated surgical cotton fabric, etc, etc.

The funny thing is that DNA claims their "R&D" dept (lol) designed the filter. What's so funny? K&N has been around A LOT longer....

You should know your history of the products you promote at the VERY least. DNA is a Dynojet spinoff of K&N.

Sorry, I don't believe in magic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mr. Potato Head said:
Hardly a convincing argument. You've bought into DNAs hype. I've read it, too on www.dnafilters.com. Except I know bullshit when I see it. I have nothing against any aftermarket company in existence. I don't make money off any aftermarket parts. However, a little dash of common sense may do you some good. You are making "great" power with an expensive K&N.

Here:

DNA
The DNA High performance air filter is a high quality next generation multilayer cotton gauze oil impregnated air filter.
The filter media is made of 4 layers of high quality nafta surgical cotton gauze specialy designed by our R&D department.

K&N:
http://www.knfilters.com/filter_facts.htm
Pleated multi layered oil impregnated surgical cotton fabric, etc, etc.

The funny thing is that DNA claims their "R&D" dept (lol) designed the filter. What's so funny? K&N has been around A LOT longer....

You should know your history of the products you promote at the VERY least. DNA is a Dynojet spinoff of K&N.

Sorry, I don't believe in magic.
i'm gonna have to go with you on this one (although i'm using BMC) - i keep trying magic. it keeps not working lol.

·
Registered
508 Posts
BMC is not junk, I have it and I experienced good results with it. I also post it here and lots of people made fun of me... damn haters :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
"You've bought into DNAs hype"

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha NO, I HAVE DYNO'D THEM AND SEENTHE RESULTS. Have you? I have also seen K&N filters LOSE h.p on some models, (CBR954 for one) . I ain't buying anyone's HYPE, Itest it for myself. HURROOO??

F'kin armchair experts, ................. seem to know so much yet do so little. Funny that huh?

as for being around longer. Hahaha and? Yosh has been around way longer than most other exhaust co's yet make SFA h.p compared to them,. your point? Don't believe everything you read, try it for yourself like I have and THEN say what you have found, but to call me out on something I do profesionally and have tested when you are quoting comments from a web site, is to saythe least, dumb. Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Birdman45 said:
"You've bought into DNAs hype"

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha NO, I HAVE DYNO'D THEM AND SEENTHE RESULTS. Have you? I have also seen K&N filters LOSE h.p on some models, (CBR954 for one) . I ain't buying anyone's HYPE, Itest it for myself. HURROOO??

F'kin armchair experts, ................. seem to know so much yet do so little. Funny that huh?

as for being around longer. Hahaha and? Yosh has been around way longer than most other exhaust co's yet make SFA h.p compared to them,. your point? Don't believe everything you read, try it for yourself like I have and THEN say what you have found, but to call me out on something I do profesionally and have tested when you are quoting comments from a web site, is to saythe least, dumb. Thanks
I was quoting the interesting fact that their websites TELL YOU their filters are IDENTICAL. You have clearly missed the point of my post due to your blind dedication to DNA.

Regarding my experience, hmm. Well, you live on the dyno and I live building the things that go on dynos and more importantly, the TRACK. I race (build, work on, and drive) NHRA, IHRA and am in the beginning years of motorcycle road racing. I build my own race motors, trans, chassis, etc and have finished top 4 for the last 5 years in my division. I would venture to say that I know MUCH more than you do about what makes an engine WORK rather than just spinning one on a dyno.

So while I understand your frustration with me calling your bluff, it's really not personally important to me at all. I made my point and you can say, well the dyno this or the dyno that. FUCK your dyno big boy.

Have a nice day.:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hahaaha Just lovely. if you race you must know (that I raced bikes for 3-4 years means nothing anyway, hence I didn't mention it, it means what? you can ride OK, that's about it) what you're on about.......how many tests have you done yourself with the filters? Hmmmmmm???

Their website can tell you whatever they want, but in TESTING THEM , they give better gains (as apposed to SFA, and on some models less h.p)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts