Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike raced out at about 1200 miles. I put a full yoshimura exhaust stystem, BMC race air filter, and A power commander. I had it dyno tuned after everything was installed. I just did another service and I checked and inspected every part on my bike except for the air filter. Should I check it seeing I didnt when I serviced my bike?. Or should I replace it or clean it? If it can be cleaned what should I use to clean it with? I grew up riding dirt bikes so I have some understanding of motorcycles but this is my 1st street bike and I dont wanna fuck it up. Its a 750 gixxer by the way. I always used carb cleaner on my dirt bikes air filter but thats because it was a two stroke bike with a carb instead of fuel injected bike. Any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
A lot of auto parts stores will have K&N cleaning kits on the shelf. It comes with a can of cleaner and a can of filter oil. Basically you just rinse off the filter, let it dry, then re-oil it.

You should probably only need to clean it once a season, depending of course on how much you ride.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dyno, 4th gear .002 Max Power= 125.1 at 13.86 RPM
Base Run .001 Max Power= 107.9 at 13.86 RPM. I also gained about a second on the Elasped time. Wish I had a scanner to post the actual page printed out my R Cals Racing which dyno my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts