Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a BMC air filter but there is two kinds of filter. What is exactly the difference between STD FILTER 40-0906 and RACE VERSION 40-0907??

Thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
so does that mean it's usable for the street, but will need more frequent cleaning?

i'm looking at one also, but choosing the right one is important as i want to get some fine tuning done after as i have factory v stacks also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That and it will let more dirt into the motor, so you'll want to keep it in check. I think they intend it for race use in a controlled environment where you won't be running in dust storms or whatever. I haven't used one myself, but that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. Anyone else is running those air filters?

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
i dont know if i would run a race filter on the street. they seem to filter a quite a bit less than the street filters, but its your bike, so good luck to whatever you choose

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well is the STD version pretty much the stock one we run? or is little bit different?

·
21,546 Posts
It is not paper filter, and it is reusable, so technically its not "standard" but it will flow alot better, and filter out more than the race, but will not flow as much

does this make sense to you?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is not paper filter, and it is reusable, so technically its not "standard" but it will flow alot better, and filter out more than the race, but will not flow as much

does this make sense to you?
Yeah, I'll just go with the STD air filter.

Thanks again!

·
21,546 Posts
i do know people that have used race filters on the street, but like i said, its not worth it to risk a 10k bike on

·
Registered
73 Posts
I run the BMC race filters on a race engine. The full race filter does let alot of particles through it. I would recomend using the street version unless you really like going through and freshening and rebuilding your motor every couple of months.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There RACE filters for a reason. I'd go with a K&N, they have perfected for the street, BMC are race filters first and foremost with a street "version". Race=BMC, street= K&N.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From what I understand, the stock filter is better than the K&N filter.
Pro's fill us in on the specifics plz!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts