Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
too..sexy!.....how much? Thee tach iss blue................................not!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.
As I mentionted in the original write-up there is a 22pin connector you have to de-solder to get the LCD panel out.

Then afterward, it still doesn'twant to budge. I didn't want to force it, so I didn't proceed. If you are succesful with this, please post the results.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
nice

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There's a guy on the web that does it for about $60, you should email him and ask him how to take the other half off.

Looks sick though. What LEDs did you use? They have to be the same resistance dont they? Or do they have resistors built in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THIS is the one you want.

Just de-solder the old ones that put in the new ones.
It's done.
No resistors. They aren't the pin-hole LEDs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
J4Rowell said:
To be honest a4 I dont read schematics that well. What the hell does it do exactly? Change the entire color or just half?
I was only able to remove the gauge part of the cluster. THe other LEDs are under the LCD panel, which I did not want to force off the board. I had to desolder 22 pins then some more, but it still wouldn't come off.

So I gave up.

I soldered 4 LEDs under the Tach Gauge, 4 Blue LEDs, and the rest were left untouched (11 in all I think)

Hope that answers it.

SchematicS? What schematics? I posted 2 pictures.

·
Registered
49 Posts
BenJi_R600 said:
can u change on the right side to the blue ? anyways look pretty good...
Yeah I think it would look ten times better with both sides in blue. As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna get mine done with weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
Nytelighter
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing