Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi went over on my 600 yesterday slight damage to fairing etc but noticed straight away that the bike was blowing a bit from the manifold. When I got home i noticed the exhaust at the back was hanging down because both of the bolts that hold the bracket to underneath the seat were missing ( ( rear footpeg as well ).As I did not have any bolts spare I've took one from the other footpeg bracket just to hold the exhaust up. I thought this would solve the problem at the manifold but now it seems far far worse and a lot noisier. I've made sure all the the bolts are tight at the manifold but it's still made no difference ,just wondering if I take the full exhaust off and put back on might solve the problem or could it be that I need new header gaskets.....any advice would be appreciated cheers

· Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
15,101 Posts
My guess is new gaskets. They're supposed to crush a little to make a seal. If the entire rear of the exhaust was hanging on the clamps to the cylinder head, it woulld lever in the top edge. The good news is that gaskets are cheap.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is new gaskets. They're supposed to crush a little to make a seal. If the entire rear of the exhaust was hanging on the clamps to the cylinder head, it woulld lever in the top edge. The good news is that gaskets are cheap.
Many thanks I'm thinking gaskets As well,as the full weight of the exhaust has disrupted the position of the gaskets do you think taking the full exhaust off an putting it back on to it's original set up might work....cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.