Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinion on block off plates, do you like the popping or do you prefer to do the plates an get it tuned. Also is it possible to undo it if already setup for the plates ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I run the Driven racing block off plates on my ‘16. Sorta miss the popping but it was a bit obnoxious. I mostly ride street/canyons. It draws less attention. I still have to take it for dyno tune and custom mapping. I also run Bazzaz Z-Fi+Qs+Tc and Z-bomb as well as Z-AFM with wide band O2 sensor. Header is modified stock with hollowed cat, hi-temp titanium wrap and X-valve removed(w servo buddy). Racefit growler slip-on. Bike is still loud and sounds great. If you remove the smog pump there’s a jumper you can add similar to the servo buddy that will trick the ecu into thinking it’s still there and avoid the F1 check engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I install the driven block off plates with flash ECU I now the pop noise and the flames are cool but you don't really want that left over gas poping on your exhaust I think doing the plates it's the right call

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
I just used a marble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
5 Participants
Just_Nick
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing