Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are those
why does it cost $27 for those little pieces of metal ?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
put them in place of the pair system u have. after u unplug the tubes from the pair system u need to put block off plated in place of where the tubes went in.
and i have no idea why there 27 $ , everybody wants to make a quik buck i guess

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Psycho1000R:
put them in place of the pair system u have. after u unplug the tubes from the pair system u need to put block off plated in place of where the tubes went in.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks psycho... but what does unplugging the pair system do?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
its the pair system mod....i did an article on it a month or so ago.....search to find it....i included pix and the like....as far as the plates go....they kinda have the market cornered....at least you get lil gaskets with em.....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Originally posted by migz123:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Psycho1000R:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks psycho... but what does unplugging the pair system do?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">something to do with the air getting sucked into to airbox, i gues it keeps the hot air from getting recirculted through the airbox. some say it give you more power, some say it dont do shit.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The PAIR does not put hot air into the air box.. What it does is take fresh air from the air and puts it into the pipe... What that does is makes the EX fumes reburn as they come out... This is why the bike will pop on decel (you hear it alot more with a different pipe or a bolt on).

When you remove the PAIR valve you need to "block off" the ports that the air goes into the head. At this point it would help to keep the bike from popping on decel.. It did help me a bit with off to on surge.

The reason they cost 27 bucks is cause they are a pain in the ass for the normal person to make them... I did it once to see if it would be worth it.. lol It isnt... It took well over in hour to make the plates and they dont look near as good..

John

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies psycho, sms and john ...

SMS-- I'll look for your article, thanks

Is that something I can do myself?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by migz123:
Thanks for the replies psycho, sms and john ...

SMS-- I'll look for your article, thanks

Is that something I can do myself?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea it is easy... But if you are going to change over to a full system, it would be really easy to do this mod at the same time you change the pipes...

John

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found the link!

http://www.gixxer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002321&p=

(the pictures are now X'd out though ...
)

Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Yea it is easy... But if you are going to change over to a full system, it would be really easy to do this mod at the same time you change the pipes...

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm ready to do that by end of August ... thanks John

Y'all are the best

[ 08-15-2002, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: migz123 ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey migz I have had my plates sittng in my apartment for a while. If you want to get together we can do both of our bikes at the same time. That fucking popping is getting on my nerves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts