Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team Gixxer.com

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I have an 06 GSXR 750 which my buddy just crashed on the right side. Mainly cosmetic damage to the right side fairings and tail. For some unknown reason, the bike will not start. The FI light is blinking which I know will not allow the bike to start. When I turn the key to the on position, I can hear the fuel pump kick on but still no turn over.

I have heard there is a way to reset the bike or the FI light but I cant seem to figure it out. I have also think it might have to do with the CMP Sensor or the TOS (tip over) Sensor.

I am almost clueless at this point. I have tried unhooking the battery and all that jazz and still no luck.

I just joinied this forum to get some input so any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks for anyone's time to help me out!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
First the obvious - checked the kill switch?

Other than that, do a search for "dealer mode" on here - that procedure will give you the error code on the display so you can see exactly where the error is :thumbup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help but do you have any ideas for me to try. Not to brag, but I am pretty smart when it comes to technical things but this one has me stumped. Like I said previously, the fuel pump kicks on when I turn the key on.

Any more help?

Thanks for the time and input!

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
well push the ignition button next should fire up. the FI light came on while riding my bike but it still started with it blinking

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
well push the ignition button next should fire up. the FI light came on while riding my bike but it still started with it blinking
With minor errors, the motor will still start and run, in some cases at reduced performance. With more serious errors, it will shut off and not start.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help. I will try the Ghetto Dealer Mode with the paper clip and see what happends tonight. Once I find out what the code is, how do I reset it??? I have read a ton of forums on how to find the dealer code, but none on exactly how to fix the problem....

Any help???

The crazy thing is the bike was wrecked at like 35 mph on the ride side... It isnt even that bad, damage wise. This is why it is blowing my mind.

I beat the piss out of my 03 GSXR everyday and crashed it a million times and NEVER had a stupid problem like this...

thanks again for all your help guys!

-Wicked_58

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
dont crash the new one a million times ok.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been hearing a ton of crap about these TOS Sensors. (tip over sensors)

I have hear they are easy to reset... and I have also heard that they are located under the tank somewhere.. then other people say it is located in the tail and I just heard that it is located in the front fairing...

I dont know which way to look... but for some reason I think all of this has to do with the Tip over sensor...

Anyone know how to reset it?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Check the tipover sensor/ inside front farring

correection tip over is the very last instrument in the back tail section. actually mounted on the sub sub frame on the very back

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have found the SOLUTION YA'LL!!!

Thanks to all of you for your help on this matter.

I tried the "ghetto rig" with the paper clip and it showed a C-23 code on the speedo. This showed to be a Tip Over Sensor problem which when I got to the rear of the bike, the TOS sensor took a huge hit in the crash.

I am still amazed with the whole paper clip idea! CRAZY!!!

Thank you to all who get me a helping hand! I definately appreciate it!

-wicked_58

:cheers

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Good to hear :thumbup

Yeah, that "special" and rather expensive Suzuki tool is just a double wire with the right plug on one end and a switch on the other :lol All it does is connect the two terminals on the bike :lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts