Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
i bet you can't ype too much right now. your hands are probably killing you.
the parts look great. i can't believe you polished the inside of the arm.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was looking at, too. The inside of the frame is done as well. Hey, if you've got it all apart anyway, may as well go for the "complete" look...looks great.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
BLINDING :eek
I agree it looks good, pretty much always does.. Just a shame it's such a swine to maintain (the main reason I have no polishing done on my 1100).
I think in an older thread he said he sent it out to be polished. Too much mess or something similar.

Fred, does the freezer trick actually work? I've never known anyone actually DO it..

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just an idea, it'd be cool if you put all the 2 stroke updates in one thread so we can see step by step process all in one place..?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree it looks good, pretty much always does.. Just a shame it's such a swine to maintain (the main reason I have no polishing done on my 1100).
Not that hard to maintain...just jeep it dry and wipe over it with a microfiber occasionally.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think in an older thread he said he sent it out to be polished. Too much mess or something similar.

Fred, does the freezer trick actually work? I've never known anyone actually DO it..
Yeah Dave sent it out, but not completely finished ... Not according to my specs... Thats where the biggest of the time is: In the details... So I'm doing that...Got about 10-12 hours into it, and not half way done yet...

As for the Bearings: I did the Fredy special that way, and work great! Just be shure to also put your bearing in the oven at 350 for half an hour or so... Drops right in...
Its not as hard for the top race: you just heat the top race... But you can also redo the freezer thing again...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

i've done it too. works like a charm. i just needed a small piece of pvc pipe and one hit of a hammer to get it to seat perfectly.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Schweet. Top race wasn't bothering me, it was the whole stem bearings thing. I've used the pipe trick before but wasn't very keen on smacking the bearings hard..
I'll definitely be using the freezer method then when I replace my 1100's bearings. I've got a worn section in them that gives me a small knock through the stem sometimes. Just need to find the time to get the front end off really.. Oh and got to dig out some fishing scales :lol

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Freddy, What flavor ice cream gives you the best results?
I found the nuts from the butter pecan were binding up my bearings!
The caramel from the rocky road didn't help either!
What's the correct flavor for better bearing installations?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
THE SRADIATOR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing