Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know for certain the size of the bleed nipple on the oem front Brembo calipers on the 2017 GSXR1000R ?

When installing the Spiegler brake lines I realized that Suzuki must have had a serious brainfart as they have located the bleed nipple towards the rim :hammer

I got some Speedbleeders in different sizes from way back that could make bleeding a bit easier.

Speedbleeder.com does not list the bike nor the calipers in their charts yet.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,561 Posts
I gather from this that it's M8x1.25 whereas the earlier non-Brembo's used M7x1.

That titanium Stahlbus bleeder looks neat but, as you say, it's god-awful expensive. It also weighs more than the OEM steel bleeder. Don't care for their metal caps.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
That titanium Stahlbus bleeder looks neat but, as you say, it's god-awful expensive. It also weighs more than the OEM steel bleeder. Don't care for their metal caps.
I am not talking about weight difference (I have stainless Stahlbus ones) it is more about how much better the Stahlbus ones are designed.
The lower bleeder part always stays tightened into caliper when you want to bleed caliper you only loosen use upper part of bleeder than has rubber o-ring to prevent air slipping past threads of upper bleeder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always just tighten the bleeder back down while slowly pulling the lever so it will be pushing a tiny bit of liquid as it seals down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Prufrock
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing