Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
where exactly are the scrathes? You can go to the autostore and get a #9 Grayscale (Black) FLAT touch up paint. You will still see it, but nothing is going to touch up perfectly. I used this on my frame (when it was black) after i took off all the stickers, I used a razor blade and wasnt paying attention and went right through the PC. It worked pretty good for me.

Scott

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I guess the frame isn't powdercoated but instead just painted? If so, I'd use scratches as an excuse to get it powder coated

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
actually the frame is powdercoated...

Scott

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Durien,
I went to a track day @ Pocono for 2 days. Well as time went on I felt a little too comfortable and started really pushing it, lol, i rode over my head, and over heated the rear tire. I lit it up in a turn and lowside it. I was trying to keep up with some instructors. Oh well. Lesson learned. I really had the time of my life running the bike on the track. The damage was minimal for the speed that I was going at. Some scratches, worn down frame slider, a worn down swingarm spool, and a hurt ego
. I can't wait to go back. The scratches on the frame came from the fairing rubbing up on the frame as the bike slid. just want to fix it and make it look like new again.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Durien,
I went to a track day @ Pocono for 2 days. Well as time went on I felt a little too comfortable and started really pushing it, lol, i rode over my head, and over heated the rear tire. I lit it up in a turn and lowside it. I was trying to keep up with some instructors. Oh well. Lesson learned. I really had the time of my life running the bike on the track. The damage was minimal for the speed that I was going at. Some scratches, worn down frame slider, a worn down swingarm spool, and a hurt ego
. I can't wait to go back. The scratches on the frame came from the fairing rubbing up on the frame as the bike slid. just want to fix it and make it look like new again.
That suxs but I know exactly what you mean I did a track day in England while stationed there and made it thru the whole day with out laying her down then on the ride home they have roudabouts in the UK so me and my friend just kept going aorund and around draggin and I started pushing harder and harder till I was like whoa I'm dragging my elbow
then a split sec later I realized I had lowsided and jjust slid a few feet and picked the bike right up before my friend even got back around to know that it happened until I told him

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know what you mean exactly about the elbow thing. My elbow felt like it was only a few inches from the ground and when the back tire spun up (which I definetly felt) my elbow just thouched the ground and off the bike I went
. The bike went out from under me at the exact same time. I don't think I was hanging off the bike enough. My knee should have hit way before that. I corrected my body position and was less aggressive with initial throttle roll on through a turn after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.