Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the seat off my '99 750 Srad today and saw a writing on the black box beneath it (computer),
it said something about some wires on the big plug and about a wire on the small plug. Also there was the following writing:
L/M/H 10%/10%/5%

Has this something to do with a remap of the computer? I figured that L/M/H means Lo/Mid/Hi...

Anyone an idea?

ErGoDyNe1

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey man, I'm sure that's exactly what those numbers are. I have a Yoshimura R-421 remapping box and also document changes I make to ECU mapping in a similiar manner. The numbers refer to fuel injector duration additions, e.g. +5 means an additional 5% of fuel injection duration at the applicable rev range (low, mid, high).

It's very important that your ECU mapping be returned to stock (i.e. 0, 0, 0) if you decide to install a Dynojet PC. Also the off-idle setting must be returned to stock.

Gary

[ 11-14-2002, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: fastbike34 ]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the off-idle setting must be returned to stock.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can you explain me what 'off-idle' means?
And because this setting is done, It has stock exhaust on it, does it need a race-can or? (I am looking for an oval Yoshimura, very expensive...)

ErGoDyNe1

·
Registered
124 Posts
The off-idle setting is similiar to pilot adjustments on a CV carb. It regulates the fueling during light load, constant speed (cruising, no accelaration) conditions, independent of road speed or RPM.

Typically the stock settings are lean due to EPA regulations, so having your ECU properly remapped is a positive upgrade even without a performance air filter of exhaust.

Gary

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Maybe you can tell me what the function of the black/brown and the pink wires on the big and little plugs is? 'Cause these are professionaly cut through...
Don't know if it's good or not, please tell me it's good....

ErGoDyNe1

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can no one help me with this, impossible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts