Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black and Silver \'05s?

Have many been shipped? I've been "next" on the list (4th person) for three weeks now. What's the deal? I feel like I'm getting played.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Black and Silver \'05s?

I Was Lucky the dealer I got ming from wanted my 01 1000 so bad that I was pushed ahead of every one else.
[image]
[/image]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Joecoolva:

Where did you get those rim stripes? They look great! Where they difficult to get on straight?

·
Registered
379 Posts

I Was Lucky the dealer I got ming from wanted my 01 1000 so bad that I was pushed ahead of every one else.
[image]
[/image]
Every Black/Grey K5 that I've seen has a Chrome (read shiny) "G" (GSXR) on the side of the fairing. Was there a change or is the U.S model different? Thanks >> Tony

Also, How/who painted the red stripe on the wheels? Very nice!

·
Registered
113 Posts

Sounds like either you're getting played or your dealer sucks and is getting no allocation from Suzuki. I got my blk/gry 3 1/2 weeks ago and they sold two other blk/gry ones the same week. I did not order mine or put down a deposit or anything. I walked in, they had it in stock, and I bought it.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Not sure anyone local to me have gotten a silv/black yet..

·
Registered
14 Posts

No it wasent that hard my buddy put the stripes on while I hels the bike on the kickstand.

·
Registered
412 Posts

They've had 2 on the showroom floor for the last month at G&S in bumfuck Wichita Falls TX so you should be pissed.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Sounds like dealer allocation issues. My bl/sil was still crated when I first saw it (delivered same day), so getting one wasn't too difficult down here in sw florida

·
Registered
44 Posts

my dealership doesnt get alot of bikes because theyre in the sticks so when i seen the color choices a while ago i told them to make sure the blk/grey was the first they got and they said they already had that one coming first so i put down a grand and it came in a couple weeks ago picked it up last thurs. hope you have better luck because its great!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts

Last time I went to Chicago Cycle I saw at least 6 of each color there....Having a 95,000Sq/Ft cycle shop up the street from me has spoiled me like no other. I've never been there and had them not have in stock what I was looking for.

Place is incredible....

What's not to like about 95,000Sq/Ft of MotorCycles, 4-Wheelers & Accessories

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

DocZap:

Yep, I have one on order at Deep Creek and another dealer. Both are in rural areas, so their allocation may not be the best. But, you can't beat the price!

I'm still pissed though.

·
Registered
432 Posts

I got the only one the dealership had or will have for the year....

·
Registered
602 Posts

Joecoolva:

Where did you get those rim stripes? They look great! Where they difficult to get on straight?
You can get them at www.tapeworks.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts