Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Billet Big Block for GSXR 1100W

9K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  irelandgsxr1000k6 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am engaged in the development of a billet block for GSXR 1100W. The block will be used in the turbo engine, with a piston diameter of 77mm. I want to make liquid-cooled cylinder block. I think how to better to make channels for cooling?
Someone have any photos of old big block for a liquid-cooled 1100W with water cooling?

#2 · (Edited)
Reactions: Pasis
#4 ·
I can check for more pics on my old laptop but I can't promise you anything as it's been awhile

#5 ·
I have a SBM block, but it is in an assembled motor. The deck surface only has coolant holes drilled to meet up with the undercut water jackets that are sealed by the wet installed sleeves. Does that make sense?

#7 ·
Yes, that is correct.

#9 ·
One channel around the liners to form a cavity similar to the original block. Never had a problem with the sleeves leaking, and do not know if they are sealed with o-rings, or just by press/shrink fit. Head gasket is copper with stainless steel o-rings. 83mm bores are offset 0.060", with custom machined domes on pistons to match offset.

#14 ·
Wow!! Thats beautiful work:cheers

#15 ·
I am looking at making a water cooled 1100W billet big block to take 83mm aftermarket Gen 1 Hayabusa pistons. Waiting for my machinist to price it up for me. I am using my current Super Bike Mike block as a guide. Need new one for the spare engine, and the SBM one is due for resleeving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.