Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike won\'t start...

I posted this in the 1000 forum but all that's going on in there is everyone talking about their new 05's...

My bike started as a 98 750, but now has a 1000 engine in it... I finished the swap a few days ago, the engine was running beautifully for two full days of riding...

I killed it for a few minutes after taking my girl out to lunch to walk her back to her office, but when i got back on the bike it wouldn't start. Like a dumbass I killed the battery trying different shit to get it started so I had to get a friend to help me drag it home. I checked the spark plugs and found they were pretty fowled, so i changed them. On the way home I filled it up with gas, even though the light wasn't on and I filled it up the day before... it felt kinda empty. I'm also not getting any Fi codes. When I put the key in i hear the fuel pump whine and the choke engages, the engine turns over and sounds like it wants to start but doesn't. I've checked most of the connections and haven't found any issues, but will continue looking.

since i posted in the 1000 forum... i drained some of the oil, since I filled it to the F line when i got the engine mounted... not sure if this might be over filled since the engine angle might be different in my bike than stock.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Re: bike won\'t start...

CHeck on hwo to pull codes for it, Im going thru the same crap right now with my 98 750 I got a code "11" Cam Pos sensor

Try pullin codes if you can

·
Registered
352 Posts

it may not be getting fuel. You say it sounds like its trying to start up. Take off the airbox and spray a litle bit of starting fluid in the manifold. Make sure you hold the throtle wide open when you do. If it starts then you know what the problem is.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got it running... thanks for all the thoughts.

It turned out to be a hose on the fuel pump inside the tank had been blown off. It had a pretty weak clip on it so i put a screw clamp on it and its not going anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts